Super Cruise - No Road Information?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I try to activate Super Cruise I get the message Super Cruise Unavailable No Road Information. For a while I was getting a no offline maps message so I manually downloaded but still no luck. I’ve tried all the online solutions hotspot on update maps etc called onstar. Any suggestions?

Adaptive cruise works fine. Anyone in the Washington DC area have Super Cruise working on the Beltway or surrounding roads?

Last edited:

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
If you follow the link below and scroll down to the bottom, you can put in your location and zoom in on roads that are Super Cruise compatible. Central and eastern US are much more developed, as far as compatible roads, than the west coast. I had an Escalade rental in Maui last summer with Super Cruise, and there seemed to be zero roads that were compatible.

Edit: Not sure why the link says "site maintenance", but if you click it, it should take you to the Super Cruise page on the GMC website.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed at times super cruise will suddenly show unavailable. I noticed it does it when there is a traffic signal, even if it’s in the middle of nowhere, if the lane sensor can’t find the lane, no or poor cell service, and I just noticed there are stretches of the 405 where if you are in the newly opened car pool lane extensions super cruise will disengage, unavailable, the icon on the dash disappears. On the 405, all I have to do is exit the carpool lanes, and it will be available on all other lanes, so I am assuming because the carpool lanes were extended and GM hasn’t mapped them yet.

Reaction score
How is supercruise? Is it a shiny new toy that gets old or great tech? I'm trying to decide if I sav emoney and get a used 21 or 22 or go all out on a 23 with super cruise.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you drive on interstates and big roads a lot likley supercruise will be a waste. Not sure how i would trust a computer to drive me around either. My LS tahoe freaks out sometimes with the collision alert when i am already braking and preparing to stop and a car is in front of me. I think it depends on angle of sun amd color of vehicle in front of me cause it does it soemtimes and my wife asks what that was, and shes like why? We werent even close to hitting that vehicle. So if GM cant figure out basic collision alerts how on earth can they properly set up supercruise. Some folks swear by it, but i dont trust it at all. Too many other drivers out there tht dont drive worth a darn that i cant always figure out what they are doing let alone a computer trying to do that with limited capabilities to adjust.

Last edited:

mplunk

Reaction score
How is supercruise? Is it a shiny new toy that gets old or great tech? I'm trying to decide if I sav emoney and get a used 21 or 22 or go all out on a 23 with super cruise.
I own two cars with it, the second one purchased with it because of the first. If you do any kind of highway driving it's worth it. Long trips it makes a huge difference. That said, it definitely does take some getting used to. But I won't buy another car without it now that I am used to it, and sometimes even get angry when I have to just use regular cruise.

Two years going strong and I still use it all the time.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it. Had it about 6-7 months. Use it all the time. Longer trips is where is it really shines. It gives the driver a break. You still must be careful and monitor as usual it just takes the edge off of longer trips.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I agree with @mplunk and @tjs3922 . For long stretches on the highway, it's useful. For short trips, I never use it. I had a Tesla a few years back that had full self driving, and hardly ever used it (though I never took it on any long trips). The only thing that annoys me is that to get it, I was forced to get the almost $2K rear entertainment center, which I didn't want and will never use. I don't understand why GM doesn't give you the ability to purchase SC without the rear seat entertainment.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s great for long trips, I would get it in my next vehicle. You still have to stay alert when you use it, just looking at the radio for too long will disengage it, the camera can’t see you. If you think you sleep, read a book, it won’t let you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts