Sunroof Tinting or Wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UAEdunes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tinted or applied a white/reflective blockout wrap to their sunroof in hot climates?

I’m in Dubai and most days it’s currently around 47C/117F each day and there’s a ton of heat coming from the sunroof cover.

I never use the sunroof or open the cover. Looking for the best heat rejection option as long as it doesn’t risk shattering the glass.

Thank you

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a ceramic window film put on mine it reduced the heat tremendously, I also had the windshield done , I'm in FL. You can also paint the roof with Plasti Dip which is cheap and comes off, I painted my H2 roof white with it.

OP
OP
U

UAEdunes

Reaction score
I had a ceramic window film put on mine it reduced the heat tremendously, I also had the windshield done , I'm in FL. You can also paint the roof with Plasti Dip which is cheap and comes off, I painted my H2 roof white with it.
Thanks, how did the two compare heat wise?

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tint on my Yukon does a great job to the extent that you can put your hand on the glass on the hottest days, it still allows some heat if the shade is open but not with it closed. My H2 with the white plasti dip was much better than factory but they don't have all the sound and heat padding above the headliner as compared to the Yukon.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's pretty warm here in Alabama, but 117? You win.

I avoided the Pano Roof, but wife complained about heat when the sun comes through the door glass, so I went down to the tint store and they applied high heat rejection tint that works well. 3M brand maybe? It came in three shades and I went with the lightest but in your case the darkest probably would be advisable. I'd bet the same stuff is available in Dubai.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my sunroof done with 3M ceramic tint a few months ago and it looks great and seems to help with the heat rejection a good bit in the GA summer heat. I got the windshield done as well with practically clear 3M film with anti glare/IR rejection which also seems to be doing it’s job.

dernals

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got my sunroof done with 3M ceramic tint a few months ago and it looks great and seems to help with the heat rejection a good bit in the GA summer heat. I got the windshield done as well with practically clear 3M film with anti glare/IR rejection which also seems to be doing it’s job.
Do you have any low angle haze with your 3M ceramic? I have 3M ceramic on my 22 and the low angle haze is driving me nuts.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any low angle haze with your 3M ceramic? I have 3M ceramic on my 22 and the low angle haze is driving me nuts.
I don't notice any haze at all on the windshield or sunroof. The regular windows arent ceramic, but they don't have any haze either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham