Sudden audible feedback with infotainment selections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad32486

Reaction score
So my '15 Tahoe LS with base infotainment/radio system (tiny screen) all the sudden started giving audible feedback (beeps) when I make various selections. Things such as climate control changes, menu selections, radio presets, all now beep when I select them. This happened one day after my wife drove the truck but I don't suspect she did anything to cause it. When I go into menus to change this setting, I see the area you can change it, but the beep volume range display has the left side filled in red and I can't lower the volume past that point. It's as if I can't turn it off anymore. I might be losing it but I swear this wasn't happening for the whole first year I had this thing, and the timing didn't correlate with anything being hooked up to the car or switching keys. Has this happened to anyone? Because the feedback happens through different systems (hvac and radio for example) I can't really find a specific mention in the owners manual (yet) so am seeing if anyone else knows about this.

Thanks

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it's easy to do, I'd disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it disconnected for at least 10 minutes to allow residual power to dissipate. Might help, but if not you've only wasted 10 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts