Suburban/Yukon XL 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of these long chassis' come in 2wd? I'm having a hard time locating a used stock driveshaft. Here are my thoughts.

1. Delete AWD by installing new built 2wd 4l60e and a used stock driveshaft. Offset the cost by selling my used working 4wd 4l60e, transfer case, front end, and axles. Should break even. I will never "need" AWD, and don't want it. I have 0 reasons for keeping it.

2. Keep Awd stuff and modify internally the transfer case to be 2wd only. Remove the front DS, front end, and axles. I know this has been done successfully but the threads are old and the members are long gone.

So, I realize that on the HD 2500s (and maybe 1500s) they have 2 piece shafts. Does 2wd Suburban/Yukon XLs have a 2 piece shaft with a center support bearing? I wonder if the shafts will interchange...2500HD has a 4l80 so Im not sure about yoke differences on the front of the shaft. Do AWD/4wd Suburban chassis' have a spot to mount the center bearing if its needed? What year/applications of 4l60e will work in my 04 XL? I'm guessing 98 (car) to 06ish..but not 100% sure. Anyone have any info on an AWD to 2wd swap??

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1500 2wd Subs have a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. I had an extra one but I threw it away when I bought a new house last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts