Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon OEM Kicker 200w Powered Subwoofer Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulb55

Reaction score
welp, I guess I will have to wait till you get it to see if I should hop on....thanks for being the tester

Phil25101

Reaction score
I also have the Sub and completely agree with technyme. Perfect addition to my stereo. Fills in the lower end and bumps when the kids want this music called rap. Lol
I'm upgrading my door speakers tomorrow to the Kicker KSC models. Can't wait to see if their is a noticeable difference

Last edited:

GusSanchez300

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great addition, if anyone in SFL has it, i would like to take a peek before pulling the trigger.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
So if I go to my dealer will they have the kicker subwoofer or will they have to order it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I asked my local dealership and they said this is a specical order. I just ordered mine online and ended up getting it for $507
Thank you, did you have your dealer install it?

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Textilet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I paid $520-ish online and had the dealer install ($190). After listening a bit, I like it. But... It highlights some of the weirdness of the Bose system. Some things sound great, others just sound off.

**I am not an expert- but I love listening to music and here are my uneducated impressions after 24 hours**

*Edit* flipped back and forth between a CD and Bluetooth (Anthony Hamilton, Ain't No Body Worrying "preacher's daughter" in particular)- CDs play louder overall than Bluetooth, with more bass and more treble. Bluetooth mp3 sounds more compressed (as it should I suppose). After adjusting eq, CDs are preferable (as they should be).

Setting the Centerpoint setting to "driver" produces the cleanest bass for me, followed by "normal". "Centerpoint" sounds like the subs are phasing each other out a bit. "Driver" seems to really tax my front driver side door speaker though.

All of the sound quality seems to drop once you are moving and the noise cancelling becomes active. The louder the volume the sooner this matters. This was also the case before the sub install.

The Bose system sounds pretty ok at moderate volume, when parked. The further you get from those conditions, the more it strains. The sub helps that at the low end, and is a general improvement. It doesn't fix the rest of the system. In the end it makes me want more. I'm hoping Alpine or someone comes out with a vehicle specific solution to replace the Bose system entirely while keeping the stock head unit functionality.

Last edited:

cawllins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The kicker 6x9 and 6.75 speakers are 4 ohm. The factory speakers (non Bose) in the front doors and dash are 4 ohm as well but in parallel giving the fronts a 2 ohm impedance. As per Kicker Tech.

44KSC69304. 6x9
44KSC6704. 6.75

The Kicker packages are:

PSUTAYU15. 200w sub only
PSUTA. Sub and 32 bit processor/ Amp

The tech advised the PSUTA is designed for the factory speakers but if they were to recommend upgraded speakers, they are the KSC models.

I may have missed it on someone's post but what is the main difference between PSUTAYU15 and PSUTA???

Phil25101

Reaction score
I may have missed it on someone's post but what is the main difference between PSUTAYU15 and PSUTA???

One is the amplified sub and the other is an additional amplifier and processor for the door speakers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts