Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon OEM Kicker 200w Powered Subwoofer Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered this kit. Definitely looking forward to it. I have a 2016 Yukon Denali. Just to confirm (based off what I read):
1. Some users haven't had to turn off ANC on their Denali's?
2. This sub (whether programmed or not) does not disable the factory Bose sub? Both subs will operate?

Thanks!

shewstring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Off1c3r, I can answer your questions based on my personal experience with the sub.
1. My ANC was not turned off in the Denali. I had the dealer install mine. Certainly worth the assurance that I wouldn't be paying for any broken plastic parts.
2. It does not disable the BOSE. The sound is a noticeable improvement. This should be standard.

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Off1c3r, I can answer your questions based on my personal experience with the sub.
1. My ANC was not turned off in the Denali. I had the dealer install mine. Certainly worth the assurance that I wouldn't be paying for any broken plastic parts.
2. It does not disable the BOSE. The sound is a noticeable improvement. This should be standard.

Awesome, thank you! What's interesting is I thought ANC on all vehicles needed to be disabled. I was wondering why they didn't do it for your Denali and I figured you must be getting some kind of fluttering sound from the subwoofer. Obviously not as you've reported. I just got a hold of the instruction manual and it says only 2014+ Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500/2500/3500 with ANC - and then after, with the 6.2L engine. I'm assuming they mean all those mentioned vehicles that are equipped with the 6.2L engine and ANC. The Yukon isn't even listed which is great.

Can you tell if the ANC is being reproduced by just the Bose sub or both subs now?

Bo3131

Reaction score
I also had mine installed by the Chevy dealership and they didn't have to disable the ANC. Would highly suggest just letting the dealership install.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You only have to disable the ANC if your vehicle has it. I believe it is only standard on the 6.2's. I had to disable mine on my 16' Yukon Denali when I installed my subwoofer and amp.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s my thoughts on the ANC. The factory “sub” in the center console is a different brand different size different frequency range than the kicker one. So when the bass hits its not the same throwing off the ANC.
I removed the Bose sub in my center console and replaced it with the JL audio stealth box in my Escalade. I didn’t disable ANC the sub hits hard not as hard as the 10w7 I had I’m last gen Escalade but it’s definitely a noticeable improvement.

InDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He’s my thoughts on the ANC. The factory “sub” in the center console is a different brand different size different frequency range than the kicker one. So when the bass hits its not the same throwing off the ANC.
I removed the Bose sub in my center console and replaced it with the JL audio stealth box in my Escalade. I didn’t disable ANC the sub hits hard not as hard as the 10w7 I had I’m last gen Escalade but it’s definitely a noticeable improvement.

Just bought a used '15 Yukon XL Denali and have have working on how terrible the stereo is. GM should be embarrassed in put that in a vehicle that cost that much. Also there is no excuse for how bad the cup holder situation is for a people hauler built in 2015.

Anyway, I've worked this backwards with having put Kicker KSCs speakers in already and now trying the address the sub. Has anyone just disconnected the Bose sub when putting in the Kicker one? Had I found this thread I probably would have opted for the JL that replaces the Bose. But then I didn't know there was an existing sub at all until this thread. Do I need need a software up date for the Kicker sub? Instructions on page 13 say to access the service programming system and reprogram the ECU to access the amplifier programming.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got this installed at the dealer... They charged $150.

I wasn't aware that dealer websites show the install price. Luckily one someone pointed it out and I was able to check around for a lower install price.

Plus right now GM is taking 10% off accessories.

dougs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed mine last week in my '18 Yukon XL.
It took several hours, but came out flawless. I bought it online from GM Parts House for about $550 after shipping, and installed it myself which saved about $350 from what the dealer wanted.
The sound quality is very much improved, and I would highly recommend!

sub.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh