Suburban Suspension Refresh- Parts List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about to pull the trigger on parts for a complete suspension/steering rebuild of my new to me 02 Burb. look over my list and let me know if Im missing anything. This is all from Rock Auto. Except for the shocks.

Idler Arm MOOG Part# K6534 $53
Pitman Arm MOOG Part# K6536HD $57
Outer Tie Rod MOOG Part#ES3493T $31 x2
Inner Tie Rod MOOG Part# ES3488 $28 x2
Timken Wheel Bearing TIMKEN Part# SP450301 $112 x2
Dorman Steering Shaft DORMAN Part # 425176 $47
Sway Bar Link front MOOG Part # K80631 $12 x2
Sway Bar Link rear MOOG Part # K6700 $24
Lower Control Arm pass. ACDELCO Part # 45D3175 $160
Lower Control Arm driv ACDELCO Part # 45D3175 $153
Upper Control Arm ACDELCO Part # 46D1103A $56x2

*one thing im unsure of is the sway bar diameter, ill pick those bushings up from a local parts house

**and im assuming the upper control arms are the same for both sides. I didnt see a designation for sides like for the lower.

in addition to the list above Ill be ordering some Bilstein 5100's and new springs for the rear to delete the ZW7 package.

I you see anything I missed please let me know. I plan to order asap. Thanks

Last edited:

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like my list, the only thing missing from mine is the sway bar bushings, mine look fine so I'll wait and see if I want to replace those later.

I also did the rear suspension, new upper and lower control/trailing arms. Those seemed fine but I replaced them since I already bought them, no difference in ride there so they were still good. I lastly replaced the panhard bar and that made the biggest difference in ride in the rear. The stock piece is flimsy stamped steel and the rubber bushings seemed shot. Put in a QA1 branded round bar with poly bushings and it made a world of difference. The only downside is I lost a lot of clearance to the diff cover (round tube versus thinner stamped steel profile) and it occasionally bangs the diff cover slightly over a good size bump.

The upper control arms are the same part number left and right, the lowers as you can see are different.

I also added ReadyLift keys that I'm having a small issue with, the shock extenders don't fit on my lower control arms and I'm at a loss as to how to spread that heavy steel piece, need maybe 1/8" wider to fit the shock mount. They are leveling the front end nicely although I don't know if it affected ride quality yet, truck still not finished being put together. Hoping to finish it up this weekend so I can start driving it for winter. The keys though seem to be good quality pieces.

I have 92K miles on my Escalade and a lot of the suspension was pretty worn when I started this.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a long parts list lol... Why are you deleting the zw7 package? Mine has it and I like how the rear levels back out when towing trailers and such.

Mine has 95k and most of that stuff is still in good shape on mine. How many miles are on yours?

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a long parts list lol... Why are you deleting the zw7 package? Mine has it and I like how the rear levels back out when towing trailers and such.

Mine has 95k and most of that stuff is still in good shape on mine. How many miles are on yours?

my burb has 180k, and I didnt want to pay 3-400 for a shock.the truck rides smooth, but the steering is loose. I figured replace everything while im in there at one time.

im still on the fence about the rear. I deleted the ZW7 on my NNBS, but im not that happy with the way the rear rides when loaded down.I bought some moog replacment springs but it still feels to soft in the rear, I had to add spacers to achieve the factory rake.

Im gonna try the burb with the Bilstein shock and spring kit and see how I like it. I may have to put the Nivomats back on for both trucks.

I ordered everything from the list and bilstein 5100s along with new springs.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Yeah I'm not looking forward to paying for them when my rear shocks need to be replaced... But I do like the zw7 package...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n