Suburban 2500 search is frustrating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I am only looking at the Silverado between years 2001 to 2006. I see the pricing on them too. The search continues.

mikesp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GMT900's also come with the 10.5 full floating rear axle. GMT800 6.0's have the 9.5SF, 8.1s have the 10.5FF. I wanted a GMT800 8.1 with 4.10s, ended up "settling" for a GMT900 Yukon after a year of nationwide searching.... also preferred the Suburban over Yukon.

Why Suburban over Yukon? Yukon or Yukon XL?
I'm about to sell an 03 Yukon xl 1500 and get an 8.1/4.10 2001 Suburban. Just wondering what you meant.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why Suburban over Yukon? Yukon or Yukon XL?
I'm about to sell an 03 Yukon xl 1500 and get an 8.1/4.10 2001 Suburban. Just wondering what you meant.

For the GMT900 body style i prefer the suburban over the yukon because of the front bumper and headlights. 2500s only came in the XL, so I didn't specify, but yeah XL

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It is Tahoe over Yukon and Suburban over the Yukon XL. I have always owned Chevrolet products and to tell you the truth, the front grill appeals more to me on the Chevy instead of GMC.

There are others here that like the Yukon look over the Tahoe. It is all the same in my eyes except for what appeals to me.

mikesp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the GMT900 body style i prefer the suburban over the yukon because of the front bumper and headlights. 2500s only came in the XL, so I didn't specify, but yeah XL
I guess I knew there was something different about them in front. I agree the Suburban looks better. The Yukon XL comes up into the lines of the hood too much and looks awkward. I never did a feature by feature compare but assumed Yukon XL's had more things as standard options but certainly I have seen Suburbans fully loaded.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mike, I see you are new as a poster to the forum.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667