Suburban 2500 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright people.

Took our first road trip in the Burb this week. Averaged 14mpg on the highway to Iowa.

New to the 6.0. Think I should be happy with his number? Gent at church this morning said he saw 17mpg on the highway in his 2001 2500 Silverado with the 6.0.

Just wondering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Do you know what gearing the truck has? Also what was your cruising speed? The 2500 is going to turn slightly more rpm in O/D because of the transmission gearing. I would make sure all the basic maintenence items are done and it may get slightly better.

Love the color of your truck! Our trucks are almost identical except mine is a Tahoe lol. I managed to pull 16mpg on a recent trip however it seems my tires may have been a little under inflated running 80mph..ugh..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tkrysl

Tkrysl

Reaction score
Do you know what gearing the truck has? Also what was your cruising speed? The 2500 is going to turn slightly more rpm in O/D because of the transmission gearing. I would make sure all the basic maintenence items are done and it may get slightly better.

Love the color of your truck! Our trucks are almost identical except mine is a Tahoe lol. I managed to pull 16mpg on a recent trip however it seems my tires may have been a little under inflated running 80mph..ugh..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Lol. Here's my Tahoe. I guess you could say I guess you could say we really like that color.

I'll check on the gears I'm not real sure. c77841d8ff304c48728e9c9afe9fc5da.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck 2015 Tahoe