Sub box pic's needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres a pic of my custom made box. Cant really put anything else back there. If i have to use it, i just undo and it comes out..

DSCF0786.gif

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You make that box mike? Those tens, right? I just designed a box for two ported tens back there and it looks completely different. I got both the subs and the ports firing up.

How does it sound? Can you compare it to anything? What you running on them for power?

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how I built my sub system and didn't lose hardly any space at all:

be014f4c.jpg

16dd7867.jpg

AlpineTypeR.jpg

AlpineTypeR1.jpg

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK did you cut a hole in your floor or something? I cant pircture how you have the subs in like that with enough mounting height

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JK did you cut a hole in your floor or something? I cant pircture how you have the subs in like that with enough mounting height

Cut out an opening in the floorboard and welded a metal frame/housing for the sub enclosure.

879e4cfa.jpg

ea85a6e1.jpg

6250217b.jpg

dfdc6fb4.jpg

5b40eccb.jpg

1556ff90.jpg

8ead5404.jpg

2d5f3b0a.jpg

You may notice the enclosure is off center a bit. Had to do this because the fuel filler neck to the gas tank ran down the driver side and it was easier to just offset the enclosure rather than modifying the fuel filler tubes.
Without and with the stock cargo mat:
AlpineTypeR.jpg
16dd7867.jpg

And if you want a place for the amps, here's a pic of an amp rack I built underneath the 2nd row. I used speaker grille cloth for the removable covers so any heat from the amps can escape:
f83f3340.jpg

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn nice build pics, is the box metal that sits in the hole? and very curious to how it sounds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz