Sub box mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to secure a sub box where my 3rd row seats were? I'm thinking of somehow attaching it to the mounting points for the 3rd row seats themselves. Currently what I'm thinking is finding something (maybe PVC pipe) that would slide under the mounting point and attaching a 2x6 to it and then screwing the box to the 2x6. only drawback that i see is being able to get something to fit under that little bar the seat attaches to.

Any other ideas or pic?

46and2008Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same question and have always wondered about using the mounting bolts that are there, fabricating some kind of bracket. Do you know if the bolts are accessible from the underside? My box currently just sits on top of them dangerously, but about to build a larger/heavier one and want to secure it properly

Reaction score
Not pretty, but small rachet straps? If the box is too deep and covers both front and rear seat attachment bars, use the triangular tie down attachment points in the floor just inside the liftgate opening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question

Ok, so here is my solution for now anyway. I took some plumbers strapping, ran under the mounting point for the 3rd row seat and screwed it to the box. Probably not the best way to do it, but it works....or seems to for now!

46and2008Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so here is my solution for now anyway. I took some plumbers strapping, ran under the mounting point for the 3rd row seat and screwed it to the box. Probably not the best way to do it, but it works....or seems to for now!

Interesting... that may spark some ideas. Any ballpark on the weight of your box?

OP
OP
09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... that may spark some ideas. Any ballpark on the weight of your box?

box alone weighs probably 50-60#; 3/4" MDF. Just added another 80# with (2) 15" subs. I'm about to redo the box and go with plywood; either maple, red oak, or birch from Home Depot. That should knock off about 20#. Also, thinking of running a bolt out it and fabbing some metal brackets to replace the plumber's strap and bolting it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu