1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sub box mounting

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by 09_4WD_YUKON, Jan 11, 2021.

1. 09_4WD_YUKON

09_4WD_YUKON Full Access Member

Name:
    Gary
    What is the best way to secure a sub box where my 3rd row seats were? I'm thinking of somehow attaching it to the mounting points for the 3rd row seats themselves. Currently what I'm thinking is finding something (maybe PVC pipe) that would slide under the mounting point and attaching a 2x6 to it and then screwing the box to the 2x6. only drawback that i see is being able to get something to fit under that little bar the seat attaches to.

Any other ideas or pic?

2. 46and2008Denali

46and2008Denali TYF Newbie

Name:
    Cameron
    I have the same question and have always wondered about using the mounting bolts that are there, fabricating some kind of bracket. Do you know if the bolts are accessible from the underside? My box currently just sits on top of them dangerously, but about to build a larger/heavier one and want to secure it properly

3. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy Full Access Member

Name:
    Tom
    Not pretty, but small rachet straps? If the box is too deep and covers both front and rear seat attachment bars, use the triangular tie down attachment points in the floor just inside the liftgate opening.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk