"Integrated" Subwoofer Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a search and while there are a lot of discussions about specific subs, and custom enclosures, I didn't really find what I was looking for (but I am sure it likely exists). I did find one from 2020 that has a short discussion about the JL box as well as a small underseat sub and thats a great start but there wasn't a ton of info.

I would like to add a sub to my 2015 Tahoe but I am not interested in sticking a box in the rear cargo area. I wanted to know what options exist for integrated (such as the JL and Kicker) that are hidden under/behind things, as well as any options for boxes that fit under the rear seat or under the droiver/passenger seats. I am also willing to remove and do something in the area of the 3rd row seats since my cargo area permanently goes to the back of the rear seats and I will never use the 3rd row.

In the end I'd like to add a sub but don't want one enough to sacrafice the rear cargo area space (which I use heavily for a lot of things).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the kicker one that goes back with the jack/breaker bar etc.
Amazing for its size, very happy with the thump. And you'd never know it's there since it goes behind the trim and doesn't take up any cargo space.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have captains chairs for the 2nd row seats? If yes, I can show you a subwoofer setup that works for me with that configuration.

OP
OP
D

Drew M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed the kicker one that goes back with the jack/breaker bar etc.
Amazing for its size, very happy with the thump. And you'd never know it's there since it goes behind the trim and doesn't take up any cargo space.
Would you be willing to send me some pics of it? What model number did you go with? Just want to make sure I am looking at the right thing since I don't really see a kicker show up for 2015s.

OP
OP
D

Drew M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would think that if you called Crutchfield one of their advisors could give you some options. www.crutchfield.com
I can search my vehicle on their site and see what they sell that will fit.

However they'd have no idea if someone out there made a custom enclosure designed to go where the 3rd row is, or something to go under the rear bench unless it was something they sold.

k_arnold72

Reaction score
That idea crossed my mind as well. After taking a few measurements, it looks like it would require shallow mount subs, which made me shift my focus.

I can search my vehicle on their site and see what they sell that will fit.

However they'd have no idea if someone out there made a custom enclosure designed to go where the 3rd row is, or something to go under the rear bench unless it was something they sold.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to send me some pics of it? What model number did you go with? Just want to make sure I am looking at the right thing since I don't really see a kicker show up for 2015s.

This is what I got. Great unit, very easy install. Great sound for its size especially since its tucked away out of sight and keeps things stock looking in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travisryan78