Sub Box for 15's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to get a better then standard 15's sub box, thinking about building one. Came up with a couple designs, but have made up my mind. Any pics of sub boxs people have in the cargo space without the rear seats? I want a fully custom look, not the two speakers with ports in the middle or bottom and amps screwed on the back. The subs Im using are the Memphis Mojo QVC's and two Memphis 2500.1 Amps. Batteries sold seperately! lol. And also, if I where to build it myself, how do you calculate air space and tune a port?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your really not up to par on calculating cubic feet and how to tune a port freqency, I reccomend a custom install. Nothing can more destroy the sound of a good system, than an improperly built enclosure. And with the price of MDF, I bet you don't want to build 4-5 to get it right.

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing can more destroy the sound of a good system, than an improperly built enclosure.

Especially if you are going to port it. If you are going to do anything with fiberglass it becomes much harder to calculate box volume. Here is an Escalade that was done at a shop I used to work at down in Florida.

aa810528.jpg

2ddc0299.jpg

715a747b.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

If you want to go real custom, here is another one that is actually in a Mountaineer, but you get the idea. By the way it is fully motorized.

mountaineer1.jpg

mountaineer4.jpg

OP
OP
Robert.K

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is amazing! I see your old install pics, they sick. I want to get sponsored by memphis if possible, but dont want anything over the edge. but the speakers need 4.50 cubic airspace and a port tuned at 35hrz, so I think Im limited to certain designs. I thinki have enough space for them in the back, without the third row.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, over 9 cu ft is huge! Yea, no 3rd row, for sure...

sdgd711, whom did you work for in Florida?

sdgd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked at a couple of places down there, but spent most of my time at Sound Advice area before they went under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XL Denali chris