Stylin' Trucks Rant:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up some Toxic Shocks for my truck. Website says they are for the front of a 00-06 tahoe/yukon. My hydraulic jack is broken so I proceed to remove my old shocks while the truck is on the ground.. huge PITA. Finally get my stockers off and pull the Toxics out of the box - THEY DONT FIT! They have a lloop mount and I need a U mount. I call Stylin Trucks and talk to Alexander. He is cool calm and collected and couldnt care less about my frustration. He tells me that there must be some kind of inaccuracy on the website, because Toxic does not make a U mount shock He said he would exchange them with some belltechs if I pay the difference. They are almost double the price. So now my truck is in the garage with no shocks. I told him that I would never buy from them again and that I would post this rant on the forum and he didnt even bother to respond.

Im done with them and i certainly hope you guys think of this thread next time you are on their site. Im so pissed right now - I cant even think straight. Do I put my stockers back on and subject my back to the torture or just wait and leave the truck in the garage until i pick up some different shocks

BTW, anyone know of a good inexpensive lowered shock for the FRONT of a 00-06 yukon?

Sorry about the rant guys - I had to vent and my wife cares about as much as Alexander at Stylin Trucks.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
sorry to hear this man. I would personally call back and hopefully get a different person and try to overnite you some better shocks with a prepaid box for you to send back the toxics.. Its there fault the website wasnt right, maybe the sent you the wrong box or something.. idk.. go for belltechs tho!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always verify parts look the same before pulling...and do one side at a time in case they don't. Sorry to hear man :(

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would personally call back and hopefully get a different person and try to overnight you some better shocks with a prepaid box for you to send back the toxics.. Its there fault the website wasn't right

+1

Good idea and sounds logical to me

OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have called back twice.. i got Alexander both times. its fine.. Its too bad.. I know their business has slowed down in this economy. You would think they would atleast offer me something to protect their reputation and keep a customer. I told him I wasted over an hour of my time in the Texas heat and he just didnt give a shit.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I ahte when shitlike this happens, I reccommend ou get some Bilstein shcoks instead. Max has some on his 5/5 drop and likes them.
Maybe you can even go to 4 wheel parts and hope they have it in the store there to make the process quicker, but de.f leave it in a garage and wait for the shocks as they are a PITA to get out.
Also I heard Nitro drop shcosk suck.....

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ahte when shitlike this happens, I reccommend ou get some Bilstein shcoks instead. Max has some on his 5/5 drop and likes them.
Maybe you can even go to 4 wheel parts and hope they have it in the store there to make the process quicker, but de.f leave it in a garage and wait for the shocks as they are a PITA to get out.
Also I heard Nitro drop shcosk suck.....
dude, is your fingers drunk? LOL :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo