Minor Rant: Superseded Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Y'all,

I'm going through my usual thorough post-purchase refurbishment of a "new" vehicle, and in particular am replacing the entirety of the hoses in the engine compartment. They're all original (date markings of April '13 and original factory paint marks across the hose/clamp/part), and thankfully, all of the part numbers are still legible. Irritatingly, though, all of these part numbers are showing up as invalid. The results aren't even coming up in the form of "this part number has been superseded, here's the new one." Grr...

I believe I've gotten all of the correct current part numbers in hand, but it sure would be a lot easier if supersessions weren't so opaque.

</ rant>

- Scrappy

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y'all,

I'm going through my usual thorough post-purchase refurbishment of a "new" vehicle, and in particular am replacing the entirety of the hoses in the engine compartment. They're all original (date markings of April '13 and original factory paint marks across the hose/clamp/part), and thankfully, all of the part numbers are still legible. Irritatingly, though, all of these part numbers are showing up as invalid. The results aren't even coming up in the form of "this part number has been superseded, here's the new one." Grr...

I believe I've gotten all of the correct current part numbers in hand, but it sure would be a lot easier if supersessions weren't so opaque.

</ rant>

- Scrappy
Did you go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your VIN? My experience is they they state both the original part numbers and/or specify the new part number and identify it as a superseding part number.

OP
OP
Scrappycrow

Scrappycrow

Reaction score
Yes, I did enter my VIN. There are no results when you search on the original part numbers, and the current part numbers do not list the original part numbers that are on my vehicle. I have figured out the current part numbers, but it would have been much easier to have been able to put the original part numbers in and gotten the equivalent new number.

For example, the original upper radiator hose is 22885376 and the current is 22827731. The data for 22827731 lists 15824540, 19130027, 25806517, and 25976470 as prior numbers, but does not list 22885376.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You’re so correct. It gets so bad that sometimes it’s actually easier to scour the interwebs by a description of the part and model. I recently had stuff on eBay & Amazon show up for 75% less than the typical sites without a description of the part number or year of truck. All that was buried in the description inside the page.

Hats off to sellers who don’t know how to list their cheap parts online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan