stupid volant intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats up, sorry I did not catch this earlier I spend my days in the 2000-06 section, just by looking at the photo the trim sponge should be outside of the box not the inside fixing that will leave you plenty of room to clamp the filter on, As for the hole in the fender, the wheel well holes are oversized when you mount the box just hand tighten the bolts and adjust the box then go back and tighten them, As for the throttle body gasket it is a direct stamp of the carb make sure you do not have it upside down 90% of the time this is the problem, you do not use the OEM gasket, Does your stud have a 45 degree bend or a 90 it should be a 45 give me a call I wont be in tell tuesday so here is my cell 909 809 8242 thanks Daniel ps pm me your address so I can send you another filter that one looks a little worn out the filters crush like that when they are not serviced correctly

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up, sorry I did not catch this earlier I spend my days in the 2000-06 section, just by looking at the photo the trim sponge should be outside of the box not the inside fixing that will leave you plenty of room to clamp the filter on, As for the hole in the fender, the wheel well holes are oversized when you mount the box just hand tighten the bolts and adjust the box then go back and tighten them, As for the throttle body gasket it is a direct stamp of the carb make sure you do not have it upside down 90% of the time this is the problem, you do not use the OEM gasket, Does your stud have a 45 degree bend or a 90 it should be a 45 give me a call I wont be in tell tuesday so here is my cell 909 809 8242 thanks Daniel ps pm me your address so I can send you another filter that one looks a little worn out the filters crush like that when they are not serviced correctly

I'm having issues with Volant fitment as well. Do you have an e-mail adress so I can send you pics.

1) Cover over box doesn't fit nor line up. Only 3 out 4 screws fit.
DSC00580.jpg
DSC00581.jpg
2) The box doesn't fit OEM side fender well wall
DSC00579.jpg
3) Rubber gaskets, not a clue where those go!
008.jpg

I purchased this BNIB I can give you model number as well.

Jason

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Why am I bitchen about the cover...I really want to put her in a car show.

Why am I bitchen bout fitment, performance would be improved if it was actually sucking in the cold air from OEM side fenderwell vent. Also the box would be bolted on to the truck and I don't have to worry about my MSD bozx hitting the battery terminals. Also would clean up engine bay a bit.

Last edited:

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
that's service for real! i may just buy a volant since we have a contact on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r