Stupid I/m monitors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen an e85 station around where I live. I bought this car used so I bought what was available flex or not.

Just wondering if it might pass inspection burning E85 rather than gasoline. If interested, use the GasBuddy app to see if there are any stations around selling it.

OP
OP
K

kitttransam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well this brings up another problem. So yesterday I changed my fuel pump.because of the gauge. I had it already and it was the right one for a flex car. So after getting the damn tank down I noticed the plug was different. I thought maybe the plug should’ve been updated or something. Well new pump did not come with a plug. But after doing some research guess what figured out someone put a non flex fuel pump in and the plug it had was spliced in. I really wanted to put the right pump on but nobody in my area stocked the plug. Well I can’t keep this thing down and when I bought this thing it passed smog with that same fuel pump. So I bit the bullet and bought the same kind of pump with the same plug and put it in. Asked rock auto for a refund on the other pump. I’m not changing it again. Unless needed. But I guess this confirms a flex car can run the other fuel pump. Whether it can handle e85 or not I’m not sure.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of getting IM monitor to set, iirc, requires 3 cold starts with gas tank between 25% and 75% full. So if fuel gauge is woncky, might not be able to set.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...someone put a non flex fuel pump in and the plug it had was spliced in. ...Whether it can handle e85 or not I’m not sure.

Probably not at WOT.

Looked at gas buddy. Nobody sells e85.

Where do you live? There are large swaths of the country with no stations, my county has added 4 stations in the last two years bringing us up to seven now that I know of. The one south of me has 2 and the one north has none.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not at WOT.

Where do you live? There are large swaths of the country with no stations, my county has added 4 stations in the last two years bringing us up to seven now that I know of. The one south of me has 2 and the one north has none.
Same here you guys on the east coast or middle America must have it, there is like 6 stations in the entire northern California area none of which are within 50 miles of me, which is weird because we grow a lot of corn around here but I think almost all of it goes to feed because we are one the largest dairy producers as well

OP
OP
K

kitttransam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably not at WOT.

Merced ca. One of the many armpits of California.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here you guys on the east coast or middle America must have it, there is like 6 stations in the entire northern California area none of which are within 50 miles of me, which is weird because we grow a lot of corn around here but I think almost all of it goes to feed because we are one the largest dairy producers as well

Merced ca. One of the many armpits of California.

No money in it for Governor Moonbeam, at least he hasn't figured out how to profit from it yet.

Well, it doesn't make sense for you to regularly use it Ricky, but there's a Boyett in Modesto that sells it. Might be worth trying to pass emissions, but I'd do more research before taking the drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018