Stuck Shackle Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njJohn

Reaction score
My bolts are stuck/seized in the spring bushings. Any solution? I spayed the hell out of them for a week before trying to loosen them. The nuts do come off. I want to lower my Blazer and just may opt to get lowering leafs and cut all my bolts out.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a hammer. I had the same problem on my passenger side, I still think the exhaust being close to the shackle played a part in this

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take spring pressure off them, lift vehical by frame untill theres no tension on the bolts.
You may need a small pry bar to assist taking pressure off bolt, unless youget the lift just right..

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take spring pressure off them, lift vehical by frame untill theres no tension on the bolts.
You may need a small pry bar to assist taking pressure off bolt, unless youget the lift just right..

Ohh god I hope he's not trying to take them out with the springs still supporting the load of the truck.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the bolts are rusted to the sleeves inside the spring rubber.

Look close to see if the sleeve is turning with the bolt..........

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Could be the bolts are rusted to the sleeves inside the spring rubber.

Look close to see if the sleeve is turning with the bolt..........

Ive had that problem before.. lol I think i just heated the rubber and pulled it all out to change the bushings anyways.

OP
OP
njJohn

njJohn

Reaction score
Dosen't the bushing have to be pressed in? I keep reading guys saying "I bought shackles and it looks great." I bought schackles and got a small nightmare/project. I brought my Blazer to my bud's shop. He does mainly lifted stuff and instalations(lowered imports) for a local speed shop. I can tell he really didn't want to get involved with it and ruining the bushings or something. I got the lowering itch, again!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
I just put brand new bushings in the leaf springs. didnt need those pressed in.. I dont think you need them pressed in for the shackles either.. BTW i have a set of shackle bushings for sale in the classifieds sections. Prothane brand, good stuff, check it out.