Stuck in QC at destination rail yard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Positiveions

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone else hit a situation where their car got stuck at the rail destination yard? My car was built and shipped out of Texas on June 26th. Got to the destination rail yard on July 10th and has been stuck there since. The dealership said they just have an update as “on hold” and GM hasn’t been able to provide updates. Other vehicles for the same dealer that arrived after mine at the rail yard have already been delivered. I got in contact with GM and they said the only update they have is that it still needs to go through quality control and to check back every 2-3 weeks to see about updates and when they may have an ETA for completion.

I’m curious if others went through this and if and how long they had to wait. The dealership mentioned they have had this happen before and it could be a few months. I’m just hopeful for some good news!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's really nothing you, your dealer or GM can do about the situation. It's in the hands of the rail yard and unfortunately just a waiting game. You can ask your dealer if they use VinView, which allows them to track the vehicle in real-time using the OnStar module. They'll at least be able to see when it's on the move and no longer stuck.

OP
OP
P

Positiveions

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's really nothing you, your dealer or GM can do about the situation. It's in the hands of the rail yard and unfortunately just a waiting game. You can ask your dealer if they use VinView, which allows them to track the vehicle in real-time using the OnStar module. They'll at least be able to see when it's on the move and no longer stuck.
Thanks - yeah, the dealer showed me the vin view output, shows it on the rail car. Guess is that the battery died while on the car or there is a broken or a damaged vehicle is preventing unloading of the rail car. They said they can usually tell by location if it has been moved to an independent body shop for damage repair, so that’s encouraging that it wasn’t.

OP
OP
P

Positiveions

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New update - ETA is now 12/3. Guessing something went wrong and requires a semi-major repair. Dealer offered to order me a different one because it may come in after the 24s are out.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New update - ETA is now 12/3. Guessing something went wrong and requires a semi-major repair. Dealer offered to order me a different one because it may come in after the 24s are out.
Sorry to hear it worked out that way - transporter damage is not too uncommon. Take the new one - no sense in waiting for this one as you'll likely be able to get a '24 before it. Glad to hear the dealer is doing what they can to make it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20