Stuck in 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The code points to the actuator on the transfer case ("lock circuit" is the clue), not the front diff actuator, and @swathdiver posted a diag path in post #2. Not to be rude but if you're not willing to, or capable of, following that simple procedure with a DVOM then it's time to fire up the parts cannon or take it to a reputable shop to have diagnosed and possibly repaired.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The code points to the actuator on the transfer case ("lock circuit" is the clue), not the front diff actuator, and @swathdiver posted a diag path in post #2. Not to be rude but if you're not willing to, or capable of, following that simple procedure with a DVOM then it's time to fire up the parts cannon or take it to a reputable shop to have diagnosed and possibly repaired.
ya I wasn't paying attention, that one can go out too

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that when I responded. I agree with you that the OP should use the information already provided to help diagnose or rule something out.

OP
OP
U

UpAndDown

Reaction score
Fless and Fuvar0715 thank you for your replies. Fless are you saying the issue is in the encoder motor assembly? I am confused with the order of operation so I am getting hung up on if the issue is with the encoder motor, the transfer case control module, or the selector switch. If you’re feeling is that it’s the motor assembly then I will go with your educated guess and I appreciate you sharing the knowledge. Fubar0715 I am located in just west of Boston. Not sure how to add that into my profile but I will look into it. Thanks again for all of the info and if anyone else has anything to add, please post. Thanks again.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who gets annoyed with users without a location in their profile. Just an observation but I feel like if that was info we collectively had, maybe could refer the user to a shop or someone local to them... :(
Witness Protection Program. Anonymity....

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fless and Fuvar0715 thank you for your replies. Fless are you saying the issue is in the encoder motor assembly? I am confused with the order of operation so I am getting hung up on if the issue is with the encoder motor, the transfer case control module, or the selector switch. If you’re feeling is that it’s the motor assembly then I will go with your educated guess and I appreciate you sharing the knowledge. Fubar0715 I am located in just west of Boston. Not sure how to add that into my profile but I will look into it. Thanks again for all of the info and if anyone else has anything to add, please post. Thanks again.
There are 2 of us in the NE area that have Tech2 devices...both of us are very green in the use but we have one. Both us are in Southern New Hampshire.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to add that into my profile but I will look into it. Thanks again for all of the info and if anyone else has anything to add, please post. Thanks again.
Click on your Forum name in the top right corner of your screen if you are on a computer. Scroll down, fill in the info, click save, done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9

Latest posts