Strike??? Thoughts, insights, predictions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Auto tech wages are starting to come in line with their value. I have seen non ASE techs be smarter and work harder than ASE Master Techs. I got my ASE Master Tech certifications to make more money. It did not change my work ethic. The career is looked down on because tech's get dirty and cater to the needs of all walks of life but the "look down the noses" comes from the white collar workers. I know when I was a tech, I made more than a lot of freshly graduated lawyers that were searching for their first jobs.

I am smart enough that I could have done the white collar work scenario but I liked diagnosing what others couldn't and liked fixing what other's couldn't. Now days, middle school kids can do what the white collar workers do and still depend on people like me to fix their vehicles. I feel pretty good about being retired and still get $80 an hour for my work at home. I also don't have to work on everything that comes to me. I turn down what I want to and work on what I want to.

I personally am not a fan of unions. My dad was a Teamster and we almost lost our home when I was a kid. Unions typically are ran by politician like people and IMO are crooks. They line their pockets and collect dues and party hardy on those dollars.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as I see it, as expensive as these vehicles have become, let them have their 40%. 100k for a Denali is 40% too much. It will average out. :rotflmao:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It pays way better than the state pen or depending on the government for handout which are all too familiar scenarios with these kids.
Lol gold luck selling a job to a kid like that. Maybe that's the problem...'hey man this job is better than prison'

Many are disenfranchised because there's no safe bet anymore. Menial jobs used to provide people with everything. Now even six figures isn't really enough. Def can't be a grocer and make it. Trades ruin your body. Education is expensive. They don't want to work because they don't see the payoff.

Stay at home parent? Good luck with that.

Average high school graduate reads at a low middle school level. And billionaires tell then not to go to school so they become a wage slave.

Millennial and younger inherited a really crappy problem thanks to previous generations.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto tech wages are starting to come in line with their value. I have seen non ASE techs be smarter and work harder than ASE Master Techs. I got my ASE Master Tech certifications to make more money. It did not change my work ethic. The career is looked down on because tech's get dirty and cater to the needs of all walks of life but the "look down the noses" comes from the white collar workers. I know when I was a tech, I made more than a lot of freshly graduated lawyers that were searching for their first jobs.

I am smart enough that I could have done the white collar work scenario but I liked diagnosing what others couldn't and liked fixing what other's couldn't. Now days, middle school kids can do what the white collar workers do and still depend on people like me to fix their vehicles. I feel pretty good about being retired and still get $80 an hour for my work at home. I also don't have to work on everything that comes to me. I turn down what I want to and work on what I want to.

I personally am not a fan of unions. My dad was a Teamster and we almost lost our home when I was a kid. Unions typically are ran by politician like people and IMO are crooks. They line their pockets and collect dues and party hardy on those dollars.
I was a gm master tech with all my ase and got paid 36 an hour flat rate. Turned 55 hours a week on average working my ass off during my scheduled 40 hours. I sure wasn't making what lawyers make and was killing myself doing it.

Domestic techs get paid the most and I was making more than average at the time with my friends in the 25 to 30 range.

It's a racket.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol gold luck selling a job to a kid like that. Maybe that's the problem...'hey man this job is better than prison'

Many are disenfranchised because there's no safe bet anymore. Menial jobs used to provide people with everything. Now even six figures isn't really enough. Def can't be a grocer and make it. Trades ruin your body. Education is expensive. They don't want to work because they don't see the payoff.

Stay at home parent? Good luck with that.

Average high school graduate reads at a low middle school level. And billionaires tell then not to go to school so they become a wage slave.

Millennial and younger inherited a really crappy problem thanks to previous generations.
Def not how I try to educate the kids. I was putting it in perspective of where these kids come from for the hard work is too hard crowd. it's easy to make choices when you have more options.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def not how I try to educate the kids. I was putting it in perspective of where these kids come from for the hard work is too hard crowd. it's easy to make choices when you have more options.
Problem is hard work doesn't always pay off. I know plenty of people who work way harder than I do but have less. Luck has just as much to do with it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was a gm master tech with all my ase and got paid 36 an hour flat rate. Turned 55 hours a week on average working my ass off during my scheduled 40 hours. I sure wasn't making what lawyers make and was killing myself doing it.

Domestic techs get paid the most and I was making more than average at the time with my friends in the 25 to 30 range.

It's a racket.
That's why I said freshly graduated first year lawyers. They got to pay there dues too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts