Stream video to rear entertainment system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjaaam

Reaction score
My daughter recently picked up a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with the rear entertainment system. Is there a way to stream video off her iPhone? I would think there might be some sort of adapter that would hook up to the composite inputs on the Tahoe and then to the iPhone?

I'm doing the research, just looking to see how others may have dealt with it; I'm sure I can't be the first person to think of it LOL.

Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2015’s don’t have Apple CarPlay so it might not be doable without some sort of software update to your factory head unit (which is an option). This could also allow you to program some overrides on using functions while driving and video output on the front display while in motion if desired. At your own risk of course…

I’ve got this exact same setup in my ‘15 Denali XL and it works great! iPhone 14 pro hot spot data plan. I can use my iPhone as the hotspot for the Roku and stream music or a pod cast at the same time with no issues…

BigAPolarBear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2017 that has the rear entertainment with hdmi inputs and I bought the lightning to hdmi apple converter. If you only have component inputs then get this adapter along with an hdmi to component adapter and you should be good

travisk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up putting a Roku 4k with HDMI to component adapter in the rear. Drilled a hole at the top of the console pocket than ran component cable into and behind the rear console panel/pocket and under the carpet and back up the inside of the third row plastic panel where the cupholder is with the 12v cigarette plug. I wired an additional cigarette plug in to the wires of that plug but below the cupholder where I just plugged in a 12volt USB plug that the Roku and converter plug into.

Pretty clean install I think. Kid loves having the Roku in there. I also think it's pretty neat. It connects to my phones hotspot. I got the Roku 4k version that comes with the "point anywhere" remote so I could hide the Roku. Works pretty well over all. Only real complaint are the screens themselves seem fuzzy in general. Whether it's the Roku, backup camera or dvd. Definitely not the best of screens and how I found this post looking for an upgrade.

20230712_214008.jpg20230712_214109.jpg20230712_214546.jpg

Last edited:

p1zaul

Reaction score
Second the Roku, they sell an older version with the component hookup and with the rf remote and hotspot it works perfect

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up putting a Roku 4k with HDMI to component adapter in the rear. Drilled a hole at the top of the console pocket than ran component cable into and behind the rear console panel/pocket and under the carpet and back up the inside of the third row plastic panel where the cupholder is with the 12v cigarette plug. I wired an additional cigarette plug in to the wires of that plug but below the cupholder where I just plugged in a 12volt USB plug that the Roku and converter plug into.

Pretty clean install I think. Kid loves having the Roku in there. I also think it's pretty neat. It connects to my phones hotspot. I got the Roku 4k version that comes with the "point anywhere" remote so I could hide the Roku. Works pretty well over all. Only real complaint are the screens themselves seem fuzzy in general. Whether it's the Roku, backup camera or dvd. Definitely not the best of screens and how I found this post looking for an upgrade.

View attachment 403906View attachment 403907View attachment 403908
Wow, this looks great! A great solution!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons