Strange call from the Police today!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
Damn, good luck man! Does AZ have a "Release of Liability" attached to the title? Here in CA the top section of the title is filled out and sent into the DMV by the seller to notify the DMV that it has been sold....that way any parking tickets or accidents have no way of getting back to you....keep us posted on what happens though :)

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Wow this is weird!
I say you try and contact the guy who bought it, the truck could have either been stolen from him or he could have abandoned the truck because of some random reason.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm, grab the charger for me. hahahah j/m. I know your condition for the selling a vehicle was that you don't want to see it near you again, so that sux that you get a call about it.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats crazy keep us updated. All these hoes, kons, and cadis gettin stolen makes me want to look at some alarm systems.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chist why dont you call the guy who bought it?

B

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That happened to a buddy of mine a couple of years ago, he sold his nissan car to a guy that I guess never registered the car in his own name, the car was found abandoned on the freeway in the next state, the towing company found the last owner which was my friend and said that he was responsible for the bill even though my buddy still had the bill of sale for when he sold it!! Long story short since he never went to the DMV within the 30 days after he sold it to tell them that the car was no longer his, that he was still the owner and responsible party for the car! Cost him $400 to get the car from the tow company and he later sold the car for another $2000 (he originally sold it for $2600). This will work out for ya if it isn't totaled or damaged too badly, you will get to sell it again, a 2 for 1!!

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in AZ when you sell a vehicle you sell it with the plates? Some states require yu to turn in or transfer your plates if you no longer own the vehicle. Now I see why, lesson learned for all. What's with all the suggestions about selling it again or taking parts off from it, certainly not the way to go if you already in some potential trouble or misunderstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny