STOCK LOCATION SUBWOOFER SET UPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
Going to be putting in an 8W7 in rear quarter panel location. Obviously has to be custom...but looking for other set ups in this spot.

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
NICE!!...10"?... IS THAT A FACTORY BOX?...ANY PICS OF SPEAKER WITH PANEL OFF?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_4333.JPG I put a JL Audio 10W1v3‑4 10"' in the stock location using an MTX Thunderform enclosure. Kind of expensive but it works real real well. Here's a link to another member's post with pictures of the setup: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/01-denali-thunderform-install.52397/IMG_4333.JPG

Edit: if yours isn't a Denali, no problem. Just install the enclosure and disregard the part about the stock amp. I went with an added Soundstream Nano amp for the sub along with the stock Luxe amp for the remaining speakers in my Denali.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding a separate amp and 10" sub in a thunderform enclosure. My Denali is an 05 so the sub's in the console. How did you add the soundstream nano amp to the stock system?

View attachment 57263 I put a JL Audio 10W1v3‑4 10"' in the stock location using an MTX Thunderform enclosure. Kind of expensive but it works real real well. Here's a link to another member's post with pictures of the setup: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/01-denali-thunderform-install.52397/View attachment 57263

Edit: if yours isn't a Denali, no problem. Just install the enclosure and disregard the part about the stock amp. I went with an added Soundstream Nano amp for the sub along with the stock Luxe amp for the remaining speakers in my Denali.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding a separate amp and 10" sub in a thunderform enclosure. My Denali is an 05 so the sub's in the console. How did you add the soundstream nano amp to the stock system?

I installed a Sony DD head unit so I just used the subwoofer output on it. I installed the Soundstream under the 2nd row seats and just taped up the original sub speaker leads. Mines now a "hybrid" system with the Sony HU , the stock Lux amp running the Bose speakers minus the sub and the new sub setup. It really sounds loud and clean. If you're going to run the stock head unit, you'll need a line out converter or an amp with a speaker level input. The Soundstream has both types of inputs (RCA and speaker level). You can use the original sub speaker leads.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I thought you were still on the stock head unit. I was hoping you'd found a way to avoid cutting leads to the original speakers and/or sub to get speaker level inputs for the sub amp.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing the stock HU really made the Bose system sound good. That was the single biggest improvement I made. Unbelievable how much better it sounded.

chrmbly

Reaction score
I recognize this post is ancient - but if anyone knows a source for these MTX thunderform boxes please let me know (used or otherwise). I like the idea of keeping a 'stock' looking rear and without losing cargo room. One day I'll end up having to have one custom fabricated I'd guess, since they don't make these anymore and I can't seem to find them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65