Steering wheel is offcenter after tire rotation and balance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, they did cross-rotate from non-drive axle. The pull is small but uncomfortable enough to be noticed. Dealer is saying that did what manufacturer tells them to do. What are my options, swap now front tires left/right?

Did they cross-rotate the non-drive axle? This can very often cause a radial pull and even more common if rotate intervals are too long, uneven (like here since you said 5k for the first time and 9k for the second), or the alignment hasn't been kept up. This is why I generally do not like to cross-rotate tires but then some customers get angry just the same that we didn't do it "exactly as the owner's manual states." Swap the rear tires side-to-side and see if that fixes your problem (and then swap the front tires also if the pull is still there). If that fixes it, just don't cross-rotate any more and you'll be fine. This isn't something you will be able to see looking at the tires. Even brand new tires can have a radial pull.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You are correct, they did cross-rotate from non-drive axle. The pull is small but uncomfortable enough to be noticed. Dealer is saying that did what manufacturer tells them to do. What are my options, swap now front tires left/right?
I have always cross rotated. In the case with a rear wheel drive, rears would go straight forward and fronts cross to the rear. If I were you I would just swap left to right on the front and test drive.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crossed tires are now on the rear so swap those first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157