Steering Wheel Controls - Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

energizedtech

Reaction score
I'll try to grab some pictures but this weekend I had a booboo. I managed to pop out a button from steering Wheel and found only Wires behind (Somebody I think popped it out badly before) so I ended up learning how to disassemble the steering wheel to remove the wiring harness.

Surprisingly it was VERY easy and is actually the BEST way to remove the buttons and put them back in (PLENTY of slack this way)

So with the normal process of removing the Steering wheel (Disconnect Battery to prevent tripping Airbag, push in with pins on both sides to remove air bag, remove clips, remove horn connector and then of course I think it's the 21mm to pop off the wheel)

Once you have the wheel in your hand it's four hex sockets (I forgot the size, will check later) (2 for each one) to remove the two horn bars.

Flip the wheel over there are two smaller hex bolts to remove. Once they are gone the entire thing separates VERY nicely, harness can be easily removed *or* left in place if you just need to do what I had to do, repin the wires to the connector.

OP
OP
energizedtech

energizedtech

Reaction score
So if anybody is curious, I'm halting "playing about with Truck wires" until winter is officially over. I may not have all the bells I want but for now, it starts and drives nice and is "close enough" :)