Start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Farris

Reaction score
Lately the first time I try to start up it just turns over but it actually starts the 2nd time honestly I’m hoping it’s as simple as the alternator but also hoping it’s not cause I just replaced it I will send a vid once it cools down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles? Possibly a weak fuel pump or the pre pump filter screen is getting clogged. Normally nothing on the first try and then starting no problem on the second with no cel is an issue with either sending fuel to the rail, or building enough pressure.

OP
OP
J Farris

J Farris

Reaction score
How many miles? Possibly a weak fuel pump or the pre pump filter screen is getting clogged. Normally nothing on the first try and then starting no problem on the second with no cel is an issue with either sending fuel to the rail, or building enough pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you or a friend have HPTuners or anything that can log normal outputs from the computer through the OBD2 port, let it sit for a while (or how ever long until you would normally encounter the issue) and then take a look at fuel pressure when you try and start it the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman