Crank No Start When Warmed Up 2007 Tahoe 5.3L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rackle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 CHEVY TAHOE LTZ 5.3L V8 FLEX
Initially thought was a key programming issue until we got a new fob and it started starting right up. Each time we started it, it would fire right up. Until we actually drive somewhere then parked it back at home tried to start it up and nada. Cranked but no start. And eventually the battery starts to die super quick. (only 660 CCA) I read about a transitor in the PCM and fuel pump getting hot and a whole bunch of stuff. Can someone please give me a list of diagnostics we can run to get this ***** fixed...thank you

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next time it does it try using clear flood mode. Floor the accelerator and hold it to the floor while cranking; that cuts out the fuel flow from the injectors. If it starts then, it tells you that something is leaking fuel into the cylinders while it's not running. Could be a leaky injector or a bad evap purge valve on the engine, too much fuel pressure, etc.

You may also want to do a standard fuel pressure test, especially when it's acting up. Get a baseline when it's cold, and check it when you try to start it.

Others here will have suggestions, I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan