SSV front shocks/struts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen where the PPV front suspension is different in some way, which is making me unsure as to what I'm shopping around for with regards to my SSV.

My question is, if I'm going to replace the front struts on my 4WD SSV (not PPV), should I be shopping/researching the same ones used in a civilian Tahoe with regards to being straight up replacements with everything fitting where it should? My Tahoe sits a bit low in the front and has the ride quality of a horse drawn carriage. The civilian Tahoes I see (quite common around here) all sit higher than mine in the front and I seriously doubt they ride as rough as mine (2010, 112K miles). The front end feels "dead" for lack of a better term. The struts appear to be the originals. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ssv struts are the same as a civilian Tahoe. Mine was upfitted with bilsteins in the rear though (as well as some other suspension bits).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645