Sprint booster detectable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
good luck if you use it if you get caught with it in a accident, your in trouble.... it will be logged on the computer and Stored with On*

even if you remove the device the data will not be consistent with a normal data from other vehicles not sure if dealers can pull the onstar data that is also collected if they suspect something like that was used

they record at lest 30 seconds or more(might have changed to 1-3min on newer models)

They will know when they pull the freeze frame data From the Check Engine Code it shows the throttle position in the OBD data... if your going 30MPH with 50% throttle position they will know.. the calculated

throttle position is 31.8-32.5% at 35MPH cursing speed.. in D

unless you have a tool to modify the freeze frame data stored in the ECM, you would be screwed..
35 mph at 50% throttle could indicate your desire to go faster.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trouble with Who? Why would I be in trouble if I were in an accident if I were not speeding or recklessly driving? If I'm driving 30 mph within a 35 mph speed zone at half throttle and someone hits me who am I in trouble with? Just curious of the thinking here. If you're talking about GM detecting it then I understand I will possibly be in trouble with my warranty. If it's any other kind of trouble then I don't get it.
Exactly. My dealer (service mgr) is a friend of mine. He doesn’t give 2 flips about me having my pedal commander.

NT Automotive

Reaction score
No question really. You used a lot of words to say the same thing I said - SprintBoosters add no power, they just map the entirety of the throttle control to a smaller portion of the pedal travel. You implied I was "douchy" because I said you could get the same throttle effect by mashing the pedal aggressively all the way as you could by pressing it somewhat less with a SprintBooster on it.

Prove me wrong.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for providing more than a question mark.

Much of what I was highlighting was based more around why SB won't void your factory warranty.

The just stomp it line is not accurate and played out mostly by tuners. I can go stomp it with SB on and off both with different effects.

I left a quick video below proving you wrong, per your request. Note, the SB used in video is version 2. Version 3 has 18 diff settings + 2 extra features vs only 2 settings on version 2 seen in video.

If you have any more questions happy to help.

The shape of those lit curves proves me right.

The exaggerated slope of the curve in the initial stages of throttle engagement is what I mean when I say "they just map the entirety of the throttle control to a smaller portion of the pedal travel." I guess it would be more accurate to say "...an exaggerated amount of the throttle control..."

But WOT is still WOT and, as you say, there's no additional power being created.

Look, I'm not saying the SprintBooster is a fake product. I'm just explaining what it does. What it does not do is make a car faster. It might make a driver drive that car faster. Whether that is something a guy is interested in paying for is a personal choice. I had a SprintBooster; it did exactly what it claimed to do and I didn't like it.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for providing more than a question mark.

Much of what I was highlighting was based more around why SB won't void your factory warranty.

The just stomp it line is not accurate and played out mostly by tuners. I can go stomp it with SB on and off both with different effects.

I left a quick video below proving you wrong, per your request. Note, the SB used in video is version 2. Version 3 has 18 diff settings + 2 extra features vs only 2 settings on version 2 seen in video.

If you have any more questions happy to help.

lol, that's not deceptive at all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The exaggerated slope of the curve in the initial stages of throttle engagement is what I mean when I say "they just map the entirety of the throttle control to a smaller portion of the pedal travel." I guess it would be more accurate to say "...an exaggerated amount of the throttle control..."

But WOT is still WOT and, as you say, there's no additional power being created.

Look, I'm not saying the SprintBooster is a fake product. I'm just explaining what it does. What it does not do is make a car faster. It might make a driver drive that car faster. Whether that is something a guy is interested in paying for is a personal choice. I had a SprintBooster; it did exactly what it claimed to do and I didn't like it.
exactly it add's nothing, but hey those led angle's! woohoo

NT Automotive

Reaction score

The exaggerated slope of the curve in the initial stages of throttle engagement is what I mean when I say "they just map the entirety of the throttle control to a smaller portion of the pedal travel." I guess it would be more accurate to say "...map an exaggerated amount of the throttle control to a smaller portion..."

Okay. You have your opinion and that's fine.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, it does make the vehicle faster off the line in terms of response time.

Only if you assume the same energy being applied to the pedal with and without the SprintBooster.

The car with the SprintBooster can reach WOT more easily and with less force applied to the pedal than the car without.

Theoretically, the car without could reach WOT faster than the one with the SprintBooster if the driver moves the pedal more quickly and firmly compared to the driver who has the SprintBooster.

This is not wrong and I imagine you know it isn't. But I get it, you have to sell them and you need to message the product in the best possible way. Good luck to you.

NT Automotive

Reaction score
Only if you assume the same energy being applied to the pedal with and without the SprintBooster.

The car with the SprintBooster can reach WOT more easily and with less force applied to the pedal than the car without.

Theoretically, the car without could reach WOT faster than the one with the SprintBooster if the driver moves the pedal more quickly and firmly compared to the driver who has the SprintBooster.

This is not wrong and I imagine you know it isn't. But I get it, you have to sell them and you need to message the product in the best possible way. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20