Spring Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some Arnott front and rear shocks. Their website says I will need a spring compressor for the front socks. I looked on Amazon and there are a ton of different ones from $15-$100+. Which one should I look at getting?

Thanks guys!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of those. Go to Autozone and get some. You "buy" them (it's actually a deposit) and you get your money back when you return them. It's their free loan-a-tool program. You need the strut spring compressors that clamp to the outside. Or, if you don't wanna mess with it, take your struts and new shocks to a shop and have them swap 'em for you. They'll have a nicer (and safer) wall-mounted press that will make quick work of it. They'd probably just charge you half to maybe one hour of labor. It might be worth it to you to save the hassle as that's the hardest part. Everything else is bolt-in.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to save some money so I might give it a go myself.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an OTC 6494-- it is a clamshell style but it's kinda expensive. It has worked very well for me. Don't get the super cheapie or the external "two bolt" style. Your life is worth more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924