Speaker problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no electrician or stereo guy.
The only speakers that work are the tweeters up front. Its random, I think it started a couple of months ago. Every now and then they all work but most of time its only the tweeters.
Could it be the harness on the back of the radio?
What could be the problem?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be many possibilities. If you sit in one spot and they just randomly turn off, we can confirm its not the wiring. I would think they either make contact or they dont. That brings us to the actual head unit, speakers and the amp. The easiest/most affordable way to test/replace are speakers. They can be returned and generally are the best upgrades you can make at this point. Depending on how consistent the new one(s) play, that will answer a lot of your questions on where the issue is. Thats how I would tackle this.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I should have clarified, this is a completely stock radio but, it is a PPV.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha true true, I'd like to work this gremlin out before doing anything.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The tweeters run in parallel with the front door speakers so if the tweeters are working but the front door speakers are not then I would check the connections at the back of the door speakers to start with.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh good to know. I will check out that out this week.

Thank you my friend
:happy160:

Macks2DrTahoe

Reaction score
Ahh good to know. I will check out that out this week.

Thank you my friend
:happy160:

If budget isn't an issue, it would be the perfect time to upgrade those speakers while you have the doors apart checking the connections :)

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If budget isn't an issue, it would be the perfect time to upgrade those speakers while you have the doors apart checking the connections :)

Ahh I do agree. I'm going to have to remove all the door panels, while I'm in there ;)
Do you happen to know the specs on the factory speakers or know where to get them?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Ahh I do agree. I'm going to have to remove all the door panels, while I'm in there ;)
Do you happen to know the specs on the factory speakers or know where to get them?

I don't know the ohm/wattage specs on the non-Bose speakers but they are 6.5" for front and rear doors.

Crutchfield probably has all the specs and door and wiring adapters you need.

rps20190610_183929_953.jpg rps20190610_184022_055.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE