Spark plug wires for arh headers

Discussion in 'Performance' started by mbp1979, Jul 13, 2019.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. mbp1979

mbp1979 Full Access Member

Name:
    mike
    Can anyone recommend a good set of plugs wires for a 2015 tahoe with the 5.3. Just ordered my arh headers and would like to have a good set of high temp wires here when they finally show up.

2. Staggered 02

Staggered 02 Full Access Member

Name:
    Juan
    Good question. I just ordered a set of ARH for the Escalade Platnum. I'll send them off to get ceramic coated like I've done 3 or my other rides. Going that route, I've purchased Taylor 9.5 mm plug wires if I am not mistaken.

On my 02 Silverado, I relocated the coils so it was a slightly different set up. Still went with Taylor plug wires though. What's the general consensus for these models?

3. mbp1979

Name:
    mike
    I was leaning towards the accel ceramic plug wires but there's so many options for our year models it's kinda ridiculous. From straight boots to 135 degree boots and then all the different lengths. I just want the best available option with the right boots to the perfect lenght.

4. mbp1979

Name:
    mike
    Anyone changed there wires when they put headers on I know there's many on here who have already.

5. 01FormulaTA

01FormulaTA Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    I prefer the stock spark plug wires with some heat socks...used them with success several times with headers and never had an issue. Even if you go with aftermarket plug wires make sure you get the heat socks...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-25890

6. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
  7. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Build It Better Supporting Member

Name:
    Mark
    The biggest problem I found is that all the stock wire lengths are too long. I tried ACDelco, Taylor 10mm and MSD Superconductor, all with the fiberglass heat shields. They were all too long, so a few of the heat shields would be in contact with the primaries resulting in burning the wire inside the shields. I tried using wire ties to keep them away but it looked like shit plus didn’t work. I looked for shorter wires that would just make it from plug to coil without much extra. I heard the Accel with ceramic boots were short and work great but I found some on EBay that were custom made and fit the bill plus they look great. They look real short but they're perfect. No problems so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LS-Engine-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_9058.JPG IMG_9356.JPG

8. John Root

John Root Member

Name:
    John Root
    So, far i feel till now Amazon is the best marketplace for choosing Spark plug wire. as here you will get more option to chose within best price.

Longevity as well good!

9. Sam Harris

Sam Harris Full Access Member

Name:
    Sam
    I used the Accel ceramics (9070C) with 135 degree boots and the length is perfect. They should stay out of harms way.