Spark Plug Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thdrill

Reaction score
I know there is another posting here about the gapping of the plugs but don't want to hijack it. Been looking to replace the plugs (and will probably regap to the 0.35) but in looking have noticed the multitude of options. The question I have is regarding the prongs (pardon the mini-stroke). Are two and three really better than just one, does it really make as much of a difference in the "burning" of fuel as they are pushing?

Thanks

Paul

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people will say that it is a waste of money.

I bought some of the bosch 4 somethings (can't remember the name) when I was a kid and installed them in 89 cutlass calais quad 4. I didn't notice a difference in anything except my wallet. $8 a plug for nothing but marketing.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I put the Bosch +4 platinums in my tahoe, and actually got worse gas mileage then before. I then put the OE AC Delcos back in and am getting great gas mileage now. Noticed a huge improvement in gas mileage, almost a full mile per gallon. You will pay extra for the OE plugs, almost $6 a plug, but totally worth it. GO WITH OE PLUGS. one of the few things I would say go, OE. and they are pre gapped.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yes.... NGK TR55s and gap to .040... anything else and your wasting time and buying into hype

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
I know there is another posting here about the gapping of the plugs but don't want to hijack it. Been looking to replace the plugs (and will probably regap to the 0.35) but in looking have noticed the multitude of options. The question I have is regarding the prongs (pardon the mini-stroke). Are two and three really better than just one, does it really make as much of a difference in the "burning" of fuel as they are pushing?

Thanks

Paul

Just noticed you said .35...thats a serious gap man ;)

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
.035 is used when you have forced induction, NO need for an 035 gap under normal aspiration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123