spark plug change 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear AC lines are disconnected and moving them a little wouldn’t hurt anything! There is no room to get a socket in there unless you move the lines
There is room for a socket with out removing all that stuff or shoving stuff out of the way. Have changed them many times on this body style and have never had to relocate AC lines or remove the fender liner.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear AC lines are disconnected and moving them a little wouldn’t hurt anything! There is no room to get a socket in there unless you move the lines
Ya might have mentioned that in your first post, I doubt there’s many who have them disconnected and could use your “ helpful” thread. Maybe just delete this whole thing, the help was posted by those of us with some sense and is available all throughout this forum. Yes there IS room to get a socket in there without bending or disconnecting your AC lines. Pay no attention otherwise, folks. Read the rest of the help linked in this thread.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did my 2008 Tahoe without removing anything. There was a bit of cursing and scraped skin, but it got done in about four time more time than other Chevy V8's I've owned. It amazing that all that room under the hood wasn't put to better use.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i decided to change my plugs on my 2008 Tahoe after a 125,000 miles, the driver side easy to do but the passenger side little more difficult. So i removed the inner wheel well liner and used my dewalt clamp to push the AC lines up to access the rear plug, see pic. Hope this helps someone.
Mine are due to be replaced. I may try this. I recall what a PITA it was last time to remove #8 plug.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are due to be replaced. I may try this. I recall what a PITA it was last time to remove #8 plug.
Don’t bend your ac lines. Read the entire thread to find out why his advice isn’t really advice. His were disconnected for one thing, so unless you want to discharge your Freon every time you change your plugs this is what NOT to do. There are a few of us that did offer useful advice here though, if you can read past the first post. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Don’t bend your ac lines. Read the entire thread to find out why his advice isn’t really advice. His were disconnected for one thing, so unless you want to discharge your Freon every time you change your plugs this is what NOT to do. There are a few of us that did offer useful advice here though, if you can read past the first post. :rolleyes:
Absolutely agree OP should have mentioned his were disabled, don’t bend those lines or your maintenance will create more maintenance!!
im surprised your rear lines are still holding up, I capped mine after second set of new lines lasted 2 years!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts