Spare tire, size upgrade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be looking at some rims soon (no more than 18" my OE's are 16's). With that said I guess I will need to upgrade my spare as well. I was wondering what is the largest tire I can get under my 2000 Tahoe 4x4 and what do you guys/gals do when you run larger tires (20's and up) that you cannot fit a spare (or maybe you can)under your Tahoe?

Last edited:

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be looking at some rims soon (no more than 18" my OE's are 16's). With that said I guess I will need to upgrade my spare as well. I was wondering what is the largest tire I can get under my 2000 Tahoe 4x4 and what do you guys/gals do when you run larger tires (20's and up) that you cannot fit a spare (or maybe you can)under your Tahoe?

I replaced the 16" OE spare that was under my Yukon (and so rusted that it wouldn't hold air) with a P275/55 R20 to match the tires that were on it when I bought it. I mounted the spare on a Nissan Titan 20" Alloy 20x8, 6 lug, 5-1/2 Rim that I picked up cheap at a local wreaker. It fit nicely up in the spare mounting area, and is still a few inches above the low point of my rear diff so I didn't loose any ground clearance.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the 16" OE spare that was under my Yukon (and so rusted that it wouldn't hold air) with a P275/55 R20 to match the tires that were on it when I bought it. I mounted the spare on a Nissan Titan 20" Alloy 20x8, 6 lug, 5-1/2 Rim that I picked up cheap at a local wreaker. It fit nicely up in the spare mounting area, and is still a few inches above the low point of my rear diff so I didn't loose any ground clearance.
Thank you! Just what I needed to hear/read!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney