Sorry to ask this question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi.
How can I keep cats far away from my car?
I found their footsteps many times on the engine parts!
Any idea, plz?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
generally anything that has a strong smell. if there's a scent you like and can stand in higher amounts try placing or spraying that around the vehicle.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, they make animal deterrence liquids that have strong spices and peppers infused into them. It is not toxic, but merely irritates the animal's nasal senses/nerves to the point where they go away. You spray this into the engine compartment once per week, and that should help. I use it for rodent control, so that they don't start a new city in my engine compartment. Check Amazon for non-toxic rodent control sprays.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, they make animal deterrence liquids that have strong spices and peppers infused into them. It is not toxic, but merely irritates the animal's nasal senses/nerves to the point where they go away. You spray this into the engine compartment once per week, and that should help. I use it for rodent control, so that they don't start a new city in my engine compartment. Check Amazon for non-toxic rodent control sprays.
do you have a specific suggested one Joseph. not trying to discount your suggestion but id like to buy one that actually works and doesn't irritate myself at the same time

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have a specific suggested one Joseph. not trying to discount your suggestion but id like to buy one that actually works and doesn't irritate myself at the same time

Rodent Defense by Exterminator's Choice (exterminatorschoice.com for additional information) is the one that I purchased and use.

I noticed that they also have a more specific rodent deterrent for vehicles, called Vehicle Protection Rodent Defense. I have not tried this specific variant, but if I were now to make a first time purchase, I'd select this variant, as it appears to be specific to vehicle protection.

I trust that this will be helpful to you.

iCajun

Reaction score
Sometimes a fence charger will work, depending on how the cat jumps up on it.

OP
OP
k1970

k1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people spray Salammoniac mixed with water to keep them away!