Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my PPV also has carpet and came from NC. no cracked dash either, though I paid a bit more for it.

what did you end up doing about the holes on the rear hatch? still taped up?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my PPV also has carpet and came from NC. no cracked dash either, though I paid a bit more for it.

what did you end up doing about the holes on the rear hatch? still taped up?
They are taped still for now. I am going to try and find hatch from a wrecked vehicle, looks like they go for $100-150 in good shape. Going to get an estimate first to repaint the existing one though, just to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot...

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's coming along nicely. I like the center console you added.
I also just saw you don't have a spotlight either....Stealthy.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, ready to Rhinoline tomorrow.

Got the running boards off tonight. It only took about 20 minutes with handtools, right on the garage floor. There are 4 brackets, with two 13mm bolts for each bracket. Then one long 13mm on the front end. GM made these friendly to take off by yourself too.

Soaked them down with Simple Green and scrubbed them with a stiff brush first.....

_20170518_201031.JPG

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next I used these 3M scuffing pads (tampons? read the label lol). The scuffing is to really get the mud, dirt, and road grime off the plastic. I'm not actually sanding the surface.

IMG_20170518_193852.jpg

IMG_20170518_195150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia