Someone Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vic Tha DON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of the shock extenders broke on a tahoe I recently bought. Can I uninstall the extenders and put the shock back into its stock positions without damage?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you should be able to reinstall your shocks without them. until you get them replaced steer clear of any action that would cause your shock to be compressed beyond casual driving situations. im not going to read an article about something im already aware you should try to avoid. either way slamming the shock piston into its own parts with the weight of a vehicle behind is always a bad idea. just as long as you have more than 2 inches of shock travel calm casual driving avoiding pot holes and any sweet jumps and you should be ok. still get it fixed right

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
This is probably why I had to replace my shocks last year as I installed coil spacers for a small lift and didn’t bother changing the shocks. I did replace them with longer Rancho shocks at the time to be safe (thankfully I did!).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll be fine for awhile, just drive over big bumps carefully so your shocks don’t bottom out like James said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho

Latest posts