Sold the 15 Yukon Denali and bought a 16 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice truck!

Hate to beat a dead horse, but I really like the side step modification. Congrats.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! Just curious but why do you seem to avoid the power assist running boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! Just curious but why do you seem to avoid the power assist running boards?

Nice observation! I HATE them. Wouldn't take them if they were free.

I'm 6'5" and they are just a nuisance to me. Mainly too slow and him my shins when I'm getting in as they open.

Sdog4127

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off,, smoking deal in the Denali!! I just bought a '16 LTZ 'Burb. Traded my shorty '15 Tahoe for the longer truck like you did, but discounts on the large GM SUV's up here in ND are non-existent. I traded for $15k. I had 28k miles on my LTZ Hoe. There was a $5k MSRP difference due to the larger vehicle (obviously) and the addition of HUD and a few other upgrades for Chevy in '16. (You Denial drivers are used to these features, but us meager Chevy drivers have to wait for the tech to "trickle down")!
Anyway you get the 8 spd, L86, and active noise reduction (jealous), which I can't get in a Chevy. So the price you paid is insane! Good work. I may have to shop further away next trade.

I wanted to add my thoughts on the power retractable steps. I ordered our 'Burb with them cause (1) I thought they were cool, and (2) they come out further and lower so I thought it would be easier for the kids to ingress/egress. I am 6'5" like you so I have no use for steps so I am annoyed with the steps as well. I hit my shins on them and it is incredibly annoying to hear them constantly moving in and out. They automatically retract 3 seconds after the door is shut. And stay pulled in with the engine off, so every time you open a door they come out ( like they should, but would be nice if they would stay out if the car is not moving or running) so when we load up the kids it seems like you hear them go in and out 2-3 times cause the kids get in at different speeds and close their doors at different times. So it is a bit annoying listening to the steps power in and out, when it would be perfectly fine for them to stay out until I start or shift the transmission and only cycle once!. Also you have to wait a second for them to power out when you open the door. If I just open and jump in I find myself making a wide step to avoid hiring the steps cause they stick out further. If they would be out already I would simply just step on them, but annoyed waiting a moment for them to extract. Probably wouldn't care if they were silent, but they are far from silent when you are sitting in the vehicle. I find that I disable them when I use the vehicle and that's a shame for a $1,700 option!
I know I'm bickering over finite details and most people would say "shut up and stop complaining about irrelevant details" but when the sticker on the window says $78k I think you have a right to at least candidly voice your opinion!
Like I said. I wish there was a software update to make the steps to come out when you open the door and STAY out until you start the engine or shift from park. Would that be a big deal? Save wear and tear on the step actuators too.
Feel better now!
Congrats on the sweet Denali. Have the same wheels on my 'Burb. I wanted the GMC, but my wife (for reasons I'll never understand) hated the Denali Grille and was turned off by the red gauge back lighting.
It's her car, so I couldn't push her into what I wanted (6.2 L86!) so I paid nearly the same price for an every option Suburban.
Funny part is now a month after buying the Burb, she makes small comments when we pass a Denali, and she says she thinks it looks "kinda sharp".
Aargh! You can never win!!!
Either way these are incredible trucks and a joy to drive. The adaptive cruise and lane keep assist lets it practically drive itself on the interstate. But every time I take my hands off the wheel for awhile she gives me the a"Stink Eye!"
Can't have any fun!!
Best of luck. And love your LED Light Mod.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off,, smoking deal in the Denali!! I just bought a '16 LTZ 'Burb. Traded my shorty '15 Tahoe for the longer truck like you did, but discounts on the large GM SUV's up here in ND are non-existent. I traded for $15k. I had 28k miles on my LTZ Hoe. There was a $5k MSRP difference due to the larger vehicle (obviously) and the addition of HUD and a few other upgrades for Chevy in '16. (You Denial drivers are used to these features, but us meager Chevy drivers have to wait for the tech to "trickle down")!
Anyway you get the 8 spd, L86, and active noise reduction (jealous), which I can't get in a Chevy. So the price you paid is insane! Good work. I may have to shop further away next trade.

I wanted to add my thoughts on the power retractable steps. I ordered our 'Burb with them cause (1) I thought they were cool, and (2) they come out further and lower so I thought it would be easier for the kids to ingress/egress. I am 6'5" like you so I have no use for steps so I am annoyed with the steps as well. I hit my shins on them and it is incredibly annoying to hear them constantly moving in and out. They automatically retract 3 seconds after the door is shut. And stay pulled in with the engine off, so every time you open a door they come out ( like they should, but would be nice if they would stay out if the car is not moving or running) so when we load up the kids it seems like you hear them go in and out 2-3 times cause the kids get in at different speeds and close their doors at different times. So it is a bit annoying listening to the steps power in and out, when it would be perfectly fine for them to stay out until I start or shift the transmission and only cycle once!. Also you have to wait a second for them to power out when you open the door. If I just open and jump in I find myself making a wide step to avoid hiring the steps cause they stick out further. If they would be out already I would simply just step on them, but annoyed waiting a moment for them to extract. Probably wouldn't care if they were silent, but they are far from silent when you are sitting in the vehicle. I find that I disable them when I use the vehicle and that's a shame for a $1,700 option!
I know I'm bickering over finite details and most people would say "shut up and stop complaining about irrelevant details" but when the sticker on the window says $78k I think you have a right to at least candidly voice your opinion!
Like I said. I wish there was a software update to make the steps to come out when you open the door and STAY out until you start the engine or shift from park. Would that be a big deal? Save wear and tear on the step actuators too.
Feel better now!
Congrats on the sweet Denali. Have the same wheels on my 'Burb. I wanted the GMC, but my wife (for reasons I'll never understand) hated the Denali Grille and was turned off by the red gauge back lighting.
It's her car, so I couldn't push her into what I wanted (6.2 L86!) so I paid nearly the same price for an every option Suburban.
Funny part is now a month after buying the Burb, she makes small comments when we pass a Denali, and she says she thinks it looks "kinda sharp".
Aargh! You can never win!!!
Either way these are incredible trucks and a joy to drive. The adaptive cruise and lane keep assist lets it practically drive itself on the interstate. But every time I take my hands off the wheel for awhile she gives me the a"Stink Eye!"
Can't have any fun!!
Best of luck. And love your LED Light Mod.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

I like the way you think.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had intentions of a denali XL, was worth the price of admission over the tahoe for the 6.2 and 8 speed to me, and after having the big truck, the shorties just seem like they're missing space. Wife hated all of the denali chrome, so she wanted a tahoe, of course I screwed up and let her look at the caddys at one of the dealerships.

With one kid on the way and more on the horizon, 3 labs.....and her now saying oh I like the way your truck rides more than mine, it has so much more room. I forsee a long wheel base truck on the horizon for her too. (went shorty because coming from a maxima she was scared of the suburban, 4k miles in an escalade she's perfectly fine with the suburban now.)

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was all about the space for us. After a family of 4 vacations with in laws and luggage a few times, it'll be XLs and Suburbans for everyone! Lol

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I missed out on a Yukon XL I was eying up, so I started looking at the 2015's because they still offered the HUD. Much cheaper then the 2016. But it seems the 2016's offer a lot more. I need to look out for those rebates I guess. We are going for child #5 so I need seats lol.

Great looking ride, and love the light mod.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^2016s offer HUD. How do the 16s offer a lot more? They're essentially the same. Being that it's the end of 2016, you should be able to get a good deal. I've got $13k off at a dealer in Austin for a Denali right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645