SOLD: 2004 Tahoe 4x4 (posted on behalf of a friend)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of my close neighbors here in suburban Denver has a 2004 Tahoe she would like to sell. It’s been sitting for a year or so in a suburban environment, with regular startups, but not driven. I’ll list a few details and post some exterior pics, and I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in more info about it. I don’t know all the details but will see about answering questions and updating this thread, or put you directly in touch with the seller. Either post up questions or send me a PM. I think the asking price would be around $2K, but somewhat negotiable.

2004 Tahoe
VIN: 1GNEK13V54J321990
One owner, Colorado vehicle, little to no rust on body
4.8L V8 (LR4, I believe)
Auto 4x4
Approximately 145K on the clock
Oil and filter changes on a regular basis
Engine starts and runs good
Tires are 2 years old but no wear; virtually new Hankook / Pike RW 11 / 265/75R16 116T
Interior is cloth and in good condition, 3rd row, all seats included
The last maintenance was back in 10/19 when all four brakes and the Inner and Outer Front Tie Rod Ends were replaced.
I personally replaced the cluster gauge stepper motors and fixed the cluster backlighting.

Main issue items: I know this will shock everyone, with it being a 4L60, but it needs a transmission; it will go into reverse and forward in low gears only.
The front HVAC fan will operate on only one speed (typical of a failed blower resistor).
The oil pressure gauge is pegged with the key on; I would think this is a candidate for a new oil pressure sender.
The passenger mirror shell is cracked.

1 Driver's Side.jpg

2 Front.jpg

3 Pass Side.jpg

4 Tailgate.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fless

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He just texted me and said that a relative would fix it now, and keep it, so I guess it'll be gone soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2