So i just bought some power window doors.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just purchased some complete doors with power windows and locks. I am planning on switching out my manual window doors for the power ones. Has anyone done this swap? Is there anything that i need to know in particular? I am removing the doors from the donor truck tomorrow and i will pull as much wiring out as i can.
Thank you
Kyle

YukonCamaro69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't done this to a Yukon but I did do the same swap on my 89 camaro I had. I just swapped out the manual windows and put the new ones in and hard wired the windows to my window switches and mounted them where I wanted them. You just have to take your time and do it right, that's what I found out when I was doing it. It does get frustrating at times but once you get things figured out it should work.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
just make sure you get the cross body wires as well as power wires up to fuse or distribution block and you should be fine. Door to body rubber conduit booting as well.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a color coded wiring diagram?
I got all the plug-ins however the cross body wiring harness requires removing the entire dash. I was just thinking about swapping the door lock plugs and running the window motor wires across the firewall under the dash.

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Truck is a 99 2 door Chevy Tahoe, It came factory with manual windows and electric locks. The doors I purchased are off of a 97 Suburban, but i have some switch plates from a 2 door. I was thinking that since my truck came factory with electric locks, I could just wire up the existing lock plug-ins to the new switches. Am I on the right track? I'm still a little lost on the windows tho.
Thank you,
Kyle

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
79103941.gif

79103427.gif

OP
OP
99 2dr

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comet, thank you! I got the drivers door done tonight. The diagram made it all really simple. The locks were a direct plug in!..... If there is any interest in this swap I will post the procedure I did. Thank you again,
Kyle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700