~ So I hit a pedestrian....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to here that, but :pics-stfu: haha j/m. So wuz he a 50 ptr? also if he does try to sue you go on one of the judge shows where a tahoeyukonforum.com shirt. hahahhaha

Porkins

Dead Terrorist
Reaction score
Was there any "Do not walk" or "Walk" lights at the intersection? If there was the guy was clearly in the wrong.Are there any D.O.T. cameras in the intersection? If there are go to the local office with a police report and get a copy of the tape. You might wanna go down there and take photos just and case the guy goes to sue you. Have a friend stand were he was and take a photo from were you were at the light.Also signs street name sign,do not cross signs. Another thing take some POV's of what the guy would have seen. Learned that in crime scene class.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Porkins is right. Pictures are your friends, and videos are even better. Check with the officer that did the report for his pictures too.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Bruh hope everything works out I'd still consult with a lawyer to cover your ass! Big plus on the HD upgrade though! And have them check the traffic cams!

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Damn.... A person? Thats some crazy stuff right there. Glad he made it, (still alive). I think hitting a person gets you max points.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crazy shat man, but i used JB Weld on my headlights when they broke and it worked like a charm, the other plastic apoxy stuff wouldn't hold, but idno how zip ties could hold it up unless you put it around the whole headlight good luck

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
the headlight just sags about half an inch.. a zip tie should work n/p.

Thanks for thc advice everyone.. always good to be prepared in situations like this. There are 4 different police reports from the car behind me and other witnesses saying thatthe guy walked right into me from the center median... no crosswalk period, just in the middle median as I made a left turn. He was holding on to a light pole and then just wound up on my hood. The cops gave him a J-walking citation right when he woke up and mentioned how it would be real hard for him to try and do anything...

Guess i'm in the clear?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, glad everyone is okay. i would think you could go after him for the damages to your truck. his homeowners insurance should cover it. i guess that is if he has a home.

ILikePie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn Im sorry about that. I hit a drag queen once. It was traumatising for me at the time, but its now a slightly humerous story that I can tell (Well really...how many folks can say they ran over a drag queen dressed as Cher...seriously). Id make the brat pay for my truck somehow though. I didnt have any damages with my run-in. Although I did have a black wig stuck in my brush guard...(Yes...I really did)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo