So, anybody willing and trying to figure out the heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HokeR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought my 2022 Tahoe Premier in January of 2022. Have heard ZERO from Chevrolet on the retrofit. If you have had yours retrofitted, would you be willing to provide when you bought, and when it was completed?

OP
OP
H

HokeR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go here and enter your VIN - if yours is eligible for retrofit it will show up as an incomplete recall. https://www.chevrolet.com/ownercenter/recalls

I've heard of a handful of people commenting that after getting the retrofit done at their dealership, they noticed a new steering wheel was installed.
Yes, i know about that. I know that it is ELIGIBLE, but i have not been given information on availability of the chip to perform the work. But I know of a NUMBER of people who purchased after me who have had theirs completed already. Supposedly, GM is going by VIN's, but why would later VINs be completed before earlier VINs?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's eligible and shows up on that recall page as a an incomplete recall, then just call the dealer you prefer and they will order the parts for you. Even if you haven't received a letter in the mail, as long as it shows up on the recall page, then you can have a dealer order the parts and schedule the service.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as it shows up on the recall page, then you can have a dealer order the parts and schedule the service.

I agree with this. We looked for a long time. I think we put our deposit at 2 dealers beginning Aug 2021, and got our truck Feb 2022. Finally got the steering wheel April 2023. It's a 2022 Z71 6.2L.

It's been a journey. Patience wins here, unfortunately. Good luck.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a live chat with GM last week or so and they informed me my heated steering wheel chip is ready. Local dealer had to order it and will be installed when I go in next for an oil change....hit that GM chat to check status.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, once called my dealer to get it ached, it only was a 2 day wait for them to get the parts on hand. I didn't have to wait long, and the service was done in an hour or so.

Moonlite112837

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go here and enter your VIN - if yours is eligible for retrofit it will show up as an incomplete recall. https://www.chevrolet.com/ownercenter/recalls

I've heard of a handful of people commenting that after getting the retrofit done at their dealership, they noticed a new steering wheel was installed.
Hello! May I ask if my ‘22 Tahoe z71 is not showing an incomplete recall for heated steering wheel does that mean they are backing out & not going to retrofit even though it’s been promised & I’ve received letters about it? Just curious & thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11