Snorkel Fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering installing a snorkel for my 2009 Tahoe with the 5.3.

Seems like from what I read the best fit will be snorkels made for the 80 series Land Cruisers. Has anyone found a better fit for the 2007-14 Tahoes?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably wouldn't be all that hard to fabricate something with the right materials, maybe start with cardboard to get it all the right dimensions then have a plastic place make it

Tahoe fun 1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am considering installing a snorkel for my 2009 Tahoe with the 5.3.

Seems like from what I read the best fit will be snorkels made for the 80 series Land Cruisers. Has anyone found a better fit for the 2007-14 Tahoes?
Hello,
I am currently researching installing a snorkel also to my 2005 Z71 4x4. From all I can find on line, you are on track. The unit listed for the 90 - 97 80 Series Land Cruiser is the one. From all I have found the biggest issue is aligning the snorkel to the air intake / filter box. I found an owner who also bought a new box and modified it to fit and seal. The snorkel is listed for around $100. give or take. The new air box is about $350. So I have not pulled the trigger on this project yet. I am not so much concerned about driving into a river while off-roading / overlanding as much as I want to get cleaner / cooler air into the engine. The finished installation looks great on the Tahoe's I have seen that have had the modification. Since the model Tahoe I have is the Z71 4x4 off-road package I think the snorkel would be a perfect addition. Is your 2009 a Z71 package?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881