Smartstart 4g DSM5500--so much faster!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there monthly subscription?
$99.00 a year, drops down to $249 for 3 years, it's worth it to me I can do all the functions of the fob from my phone and it sends me a alert and a email if the alarm is triggered or if the battery gets low on the truck, has other functions like speed alert if someone else was driving it and was driving crazy, also has a smart fence alert so if it were to be towed away I would get a alert but I don't use those functions

that module is just a add-on to the alarm system it doesn't work independently by it's self. but it sure is faster than the old 3g module

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool, will look into it, do you have aftermarket alarm?
ya, I have the viper system, all the big name brands are all owned by directed electronics and they all have the same brain, viper, clifford, automate, avital, python, autostart, astrostart, install essentials are all owned by directed electronics

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Wait when did the 4g come out ? I just bought a 3g last fall. You said you upgraded, what was the price roughly ?A5D6950A-C252-46DC-899C-8FE3D2ED9348.jpeg

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait when did the 4g come out ? I just bought a 3g last fall. You said you upgraded, what was the price roughly ?View attachment 218000
September is when they released it, I paid $150 for the module off amazon, then they closed and refunded my balance on my existing account and I had to purchase a new service agreement, they couldn't just switch the air-id. I didn't even know there was 4g but I was just looking around to see what was new and spotted it. it's plug-n-play, no programming required other than they have to turn on the air-id and make a new service agreement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne