small problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flatsearcher41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put a touch screen dvd HU in my hoe, i hooked everything up RIGHT.
i went to drive that night and my illumination lights went out??
don't know what i did wrong, is there any fuses that i should know about that might have led to this problem.

thanks for your replys
steve

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
your dash lights or the screen went dim?? explain to me a little better.. please!

I usually never hook up the "illumination" wire to the harness, i leave it unconnected bcuz most headunits you can control the dim through the radio.. maybe a grounding issue or a wire came loose?

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
what he said. depends on the lights that your referring to that dont work.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
hmm thats weird. Maybe you blew a fuse or a grounding issue with the screen.. Tahoegoboom would know more then me, wait for his reply or JK is good at this stuff. Just PM his because he might not see this thread..

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
theres three fuses in the fuse box.

illumination, pk lights, and something else.. check those three
Id go get you the fuse numbers, but I dont have my truck right now. iirc, 2 are in the interior box, and one is in the exterior. may have just popped during the install.

OP
OP
F

flatsearcher41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around the fuses to see if any of them blew. not one needed to be replaced. im going to reinstall my stock radio to see if its the HU i put in.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
did you hook up the illumination wire on the radio? what HU did u put in anyway?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900