SLT w/Luxury package or switch to base Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I got a little more info on this "penalty". Basically he told me that if it is "Retail Sold" and the vehicle is not sold and gone from the lot in like 72 hours, then GM will take away one of their allocations because they think the dealer is trying to play the system. He said dealers were doing this a lot in the past to get vehicles quickly and then selling them to the general public at a huge mark-up. I guess that sounds believable.

I'm still concerned about him saying that even as "Retail Sold" I won't have price protection. Someone on this forum pasted this link awhile ago which seems to imply I should be price-protected: https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04/gm-is-offering-price-protection-on-sold-customer-orders/

first part sounds about right...ordered a Ram 3500, dealer said that I had four days to complete the paperwork once it hit their lot or I'd lose the price protection...which was right at $3k

ultimately a lot of these questions really need to be asked upfront before ordering, but most on here probably order and then midway through the process they start researching and find nuances they should've inquired a little more on

Goebz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beginning with start of production, vehicles will be forced to include (07Z) Not Equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking, which removes Adaptive Cruise Control and Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking. Vehicles will instead include Electronic Cruise Control and Automatic Emergency Braking. See dealer for details or the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.

Can someone explain what exactly I'm losing here? Will I only get old-school cruise control where you set to a speed and it just stays there until you cancel it? And more importantly, do you think they will retro-fit to the adaptive cruise control at a later date? And finally if I wait until this restriction goes away, am I basically waiting until October anyway (where I could get the SLT luxury package and save money)?

You are losing the ability for your cruise to automatically adjust your speed to follow the vehicle in front of you. My Honda and my Subaru both have this. It keeps you from having to hit the brakes all the time or adjust your cruise. I rarely drive these vehicles as they are CVT and I'm not a fan. It always feels like I'm, "riding the clutch." My wife & kid however love the CVT and the adaptive cruise. I dont want to slow down, I just change lanes LOL. As to whether they will offer an upgrade in the future, who knows. If it is part of the chip shortage, they may offer it when chips come in. It would just be a plug and play and an update on the computer, but knowing dealers, they will want $500 to do it. If they gave you $500 of to skip it it would just be a trade. Again, "your mileage may vary" - LOL

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured although I am skeptical that they will be able to retrofit later.

As an update, I've decided to hold firm on making sure that I have a working Adaptive Cruise or I won't submit the order. I have to wait until my dealer has an allocation anyway, so I'll see what things look like at that time. I don't want to spend $70K - $80K on a vehicle that doesn't have Adaptive Cruise. So either my SLT order with the Luxury package will get accepted first or my base Denali order will. The orders are with different dealers so obviously their allocation process and their existing customer backlog is the biggest variable.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don’t think you get a two speed transfer case without getting max tow. Just AWD models do exist in Denali…
There are no AWD models, all 4WD models have a transfer case:
with either a single speed having 2WD, Auto, 4High

OR
a two speed having 2wd, Auto, 4High, 4Low

"Auto" position is not AWD, it is computer controlled 4WD, modulating the vehicle between 4WD and 2WD, depending on road conditions/wheel slip.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no AWD models, all 4WD models have a transfer case:
with either a single speed having 2WD, Auto, 4High

OR
a two speed having 2wd, Auto, 4High, 4Low

"Auto" position is not AWD, it is computer controlled 4WD, modulating the vehicle between 4WD and 2WD, depending on road conditions/wheel slip.
Correct, I guess I meant a non shiftable single speed case….

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just noticed this this morning, the Order guides used to have this text regarding the SLT Luxury package "Not available at start of production":

1659536367665.png

But now that message is gone and they also added the "SLT Premium Package" which they had in 2022 and includes the sunroof:

1659535821072.png

Yet the standalone "Adaptive Cruise Control" option still implies that it isn't available at start of production:

1659536170916.png

Maybe this doesn't mean anything but it would be nice if the Luxury package was starting to get off of constraint....

Attachments

• 1659535674635.png
    1659535674635.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 2

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just noticed this this morning, the Order guides used to have this text regarding the SLT Luxury package "Not available at start of production":

View attachment 377026

But now that message is gone and they also added the "SLT Premium Package" which they had in 2022 and includes the sunroof:

View attachment 377024

Yet the standalone "Adaptive Cruise Control" option still implies that it isn't available at start of production:

View attachment 377025

Maybe this doesn't mean anything but it would be nice if the Luxury package was starting to get off of constraint....

I'm hearing mixed messages (imagine that) from dealers...talked to one and he said there wouldn't be any Z71 or RSTs ordered anytime soon and similar to what's been relayed on here, no luxury package for a while either.

Talked to a different dealer and he said that he hadn't heard of any issues like that...so we placed an order for a Z71 Tahoe with the luxury package earlier this week. sent me the printout with the order number and it's already at 2000...now I'll check it next week and see if it doesn't go back to 1100 for some reason

OP
OP
B

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing mixed messages (imagine that) from dealers...talked to one and he said there wouldn't be any Z71 or RSTs ordered anytime soon and similar to what's been relayed on here, no luxury package for a while either.

Talked to a different dealer and he said that he hadn't heard of any issues like that...so we placed an order for a Z71 Tahoe with the luxury package earlier this week. sent me the printout with the order number and it's already at 2000...now I'll check it next week and see if it doesn't go back to 1100 for some reason
That's interesting...my dealer was never even able to get an order to 1100 status if it included the Luxury package. Maybe I'll call him today and see if it acts any differently.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting...my dealer was never even able to get an order to 1100 status if it included the Luxury package. Maybe I'll call him today and see if it acts any differently.

it may be as simple as it's constrained and the dealer needs an allocation for it...so the first dealer I talked to may not have had an allocation for the constraint when the second dealer had one...who knows

i haven't seen one of those constraint/allocation screen shots in a couple months posted on here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons