Slow fuel fillup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I picked up a super clean 2007 Escalade about a month ago. Besides fixing all the little body imperfections (door handle, dash crack, folding mirrors)
it does also have an issue with slow fuel fillups. Now I know this is common with all of GM's trucks, I'm not getting any codes and everything looks good underneath. Where should I start first you think? Change the Evap module near the tank?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211001_185441.jpg
    20211001_185441.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 9

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Indicative of a vent blockage, whether that's the canister vent valve back by the tank, or the canister itself, or evap lines are plugged with charcoal pellets from the canister. First thing I'd do is see if the canister vent valve is working properly. With no voltage applied (as in key off or connector pulled) you should be able to blow air through it. Applying 12v to it should close it. Repeat in succession to eliminate an intermittent valve. It may have a remote air filter so be sure to check that, too.

Like @Bill 1960 said, there are more than a few threads and YouTubes on troubleshooting.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I picked up a super clean 2007 Escalade about a month ago. Besides fixing all the little body imperfections (door handle, dash crack, folding mirrors)
it does also have an issue with slow fuel fillups. Now I know this is common with all of GM's trucks, I'm not getting any codes and everything looks good underneath. Where should I start first you think? Change the Evap module near the tank?
Thanks
Beauty, congratulations.

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is, I love the color. I have a 2005 Sierra in that same paint code that I use for an all season vehicle and I fell in love with the color. To find a rust free Esky in that color was real luck.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

If you can reach it, pop off the large hose going to the EVAP ("charcoal") canister and see if that fixes it. Did it have the fuel pump replaced before you bought it? There are fools that forget to route the main vent hose over the cross member right before raising the tank all the way into position. It gets pinched and flattened between the tank and crossmember and is completely sealed/blocked.

If unplugging it from the canister fixes it, then you know the problem is in the canister.

OP
OP
Matt06Yukon

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, no I don't think so but the tech at the dealership wanted to drop the tank to "fix it" before I bought it. I told the salesman not to, I'd rather figure it out myself than have someone eff it up more. I'll check those lines, everything looked pretty factory when I crawled underneath there. At least working on it will be easy without any rust.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Nice truck, nice garage! Have you sealed that concrete floor yet?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, no I don't think so but the tech at the dealership wanted to drop the tank to "fix it" before I bought it. I told the salesman not to, I'd rather figure it out myself than have someone eff it up more. I'll check those lines, everything looked pretty factory when I crawled underneath there. At least working on it will be easy without any rust.

You can see the hose and cross member through the left rear wheel well. I thought I posted a pic a while back but can't find it. I might've dreamt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK