Sliding front console constraints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you come up with any solutions for the sliding back situation? I find the same thing happens with ours, and it's pretty annoying to have your arm rest slide out from under you while driving. I wish it had some way of locking in place. I asked my sales guy when I went into the dealer and he didn't have much to add or have a solution, they didn't have any on the lot to compare it with either.
Take a look at this thread -> https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/power-sliding-center-console-is-loose.126715/

Lots of other people complaining about the top armrest being loose. I'm getting the impression there's a design flaw in this console, GM knows it and is probably part of the reason why it's on constraint for the rest of the year.

NathanSMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take a look at this thread -> https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/power-sliding-center-console-is-loose.126715/

Lots of other people complaining about the top armrest being loose. I'm getting the impression there's a design flaw in this console, GM knows it and is probably part of the reason why it's on constraint for the rest of the year.

yea at this point I don't even slide the thing back. I have a few things stored away for "long term storage" like my registration papers and stuff in there...other than that it's pretty pointless for my family.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did GMC add this back in? I just bought a '22 Yukon Denali and the sticker shows power sliding console. It was just delivered to the dealership today, and the sticker also has the omission of Front/Rear Park assist and reverse braking which is a newer constraint than the console. I wont have hands-on til Wednesday but I found it odd to see it listed on the sticker

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, power sliding console is only available on the Denali and it is being forced on by GM, which requires center buckets as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan